7 bedroom detached house for saleThe Hanger, Nr Churt, Hampshire
- Reception hall
- Kitchen/breakfast/family room
- Drawing room, sitting room and dining room
- Office, study and snug
- Utility room, boot room and two cloakrooms
- Ground floor bedroom and bathroom forming possible annexe
- Master bedroom suite, six further bedrooms, three family bathrooms
- Carport with two open bays and a single garage, Further useful outbuildings including a barn with cloakroom and studio above, garden stores and stabling
- Mature gardens and grounds of about 8.8 acres
Hartfield House is an exceptional country house situated in a peaceful and elevated position. The current owners have undertaken a comprehensive programme of works to the property in the last decade and the house now boasts a lovely feel and enviable accommodation.
The house was built in 1910 for Sir Stephen King-Hall, the naval Commander, writer and founder of the Hansard Society (1944) which promotes the ideals of the parliamentary system of government and endeavours to safeguard democracy through education and debate. Hartfield House served as a local focal point during World War II and the land surrounding the house was almost entirely given over to a market garden which served the local community.
An inviting reception hall makes an excellent first impression and has the drawing room and study to one side with the more informal kitchen and family space to the other. The extensive and varied reception room and entertaining space works very well for every occasion and allows everyone their own space. The outstanding kitchen and breakfast room was created by the current owners by linking the main house to a former annexe building. This now forms a very comfortable, light and modern hub of the home.
The first and second floors offer versatility of accommodation with seven bedrooms and four bathrooms with wide and light landings.
The property is situated in a wonderful rural location within four miles of the A3, situated to the west of Haslemere and to the south of Farnham. Close by are the villages of Churt (2.5 miles) with its popular cricket club and Frensham (5 miles) with village store/post office. There is a choice of mainline train stations at Liphook, Haslemere and Farnham with services into London/Waterloo taking approximately one hour. Comprehensive shopping facilities are available in the nearby towns of Haslemere, Farnham, Liphook, Petersfield and Guildford.
There are a number of excellent schools in the local area including The Royal School, St Edmunds, Frensham Heights, Edgeborough and Highfield.
The gardens are quite a feature. A sweeping driveway lined with mature trees lead up to the house, a parking area and access to the garage/car port. The more formal gardens are principally laid to lawn with established borders and shrubs and there is a productive kitchen garden with greenhouse and orchard. An expansive terrace wraps around the house taking full advantage of the sun throughout the day as well as elevated views across the gardens. There is also a tennis court and a sheltered outdoor swimming pool Useful outbuildings including a barn and stabling offer storage and potential for a home office or ancillary accommodation subject to the necessary consents.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41592573.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference FRN090196. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Farnham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.