6 bedroom detached house for saleMill Lane, Ilketshall St. Andrew, Beccles, Suffolk, NR34
- 4 reception rooms
- 6 bedrooms
- Double garage
- 2 workshops
- Formal gardens with pond
- EPC Rating = E
Spacious family home in quiet rural hamlet
The rural hamlet of Ilketshall St. Andrew is quietly situated off a country lane and has an attractive common with good walks and pleasant open countryside. The market town of Bungay is approximately 3½ miles distant and offers a good range of shops and banking facilities as well as a high school. The busy market town of Beccles (approximately 4½ miles distant) offers a larger range of shops and facilities including restaurants and cafes and is in the Waveney Valley with sailing facilities. There is a junior school at Ringsfield taking children to the ages of eleven. Norwich, the cathedral city, is approximately 18 miles distant and is renowned for its shopping and historic centre.
Blacksmiths is a substantial and imposing family home set in a pretty rural hamlet, just 3½ miles from the town of Bungay.
The property was constructed around 1975, built by a local builder for his own occupation and is architect designed to replicate the style of a Suffolk long house. The present family purchased the property around 2000, from which time they have carried out considerable improvements which include new windows and doors with the exception of the original front door, a new oil fired central heating system and the boiler which has more recently been upgraded, the upgrading of the wiring, replacement of both bathrooms and at the end of 2015, a new villager wood burning stove installed in the sitting room.
Works have also extended to the outside where the garden has been developed and redesigned including a large paved terrace running along the rear of the property, overlooking the garden and considerable replanting.
The spacious accommodation is well arranged over three floors with the top floor currently being used as a large work room or playroom and could easily be subdivided to create further individual rooms if required. We draw your attention to the floorplans for a full explanation as to how the accommodation is arranged.
During the time of construction, some reclaimed joinery was used including a period front door and some period internal doors and door casements giving the property an older, more traditional atmosphere which includes good ceiling heights.
The house is approached via a long driveway as the property is set back from the country lane, passing a wide lawned garden at the front with large pond, mature trees, shrubs and plants. A parking area can be found at the northwest side of the house. The drive then passes the front entrance and round to the double garage with further parking. The formal gardens are largely to the rear of the house and feature a large south facing paved terrace running along the rear of the house overlooking the lawned gardens, again with mature trees, shrubs and plants which attract considerable birdlife. The gardens and grounds in all extend to 1.26 of an acre (est).
1. The initial part of the driveway from the lane to the main entrance gate to the property is via common land.
2. We understand planning permission granted for a wind turbine in Barsham expires in 2017. For further details, please contact the agent.
Mains water and electricity, private drainage and oil fired central heating.
Waveney District Council: Band G.
Fixtures & Fittings
All fixtures and fittings including fitted carpets and curtains are specifically excluded from the sale, but may be available in addition, subject to separate negotiation.
Strictly by appointment with Savills. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 3,517 sq ft
Acreage: 1.26 Acres
Leave Norwich via the B1132 passing through Poringland and Brooke and onto Ditchingham. At the roundabout with the A143, turn right and at the next roundabout, turn left into Bungay centre. Leave Bungay via the A144 towards Halesworth and after approximately 1 mile, bear left signposted to Ilketshall St. Andrew. Follow this country lane for approximately 1½ miles, passing Great Common, where the entrance to Blacksmiths will be found on the right hand side. The postcode for the property is NR34 8JL.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41659086.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NRS150277. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.