4 bedroom detached house for saleLower Street, Barford St Michael
- Stone built detached house
- Three reception rooms
- Four bedrooms
- Detached double garage
- Approx. 90' rear garden
- Rural views
- Backs onto fields
- No onward chain
- OPEN DAY BY APPOINTMENT - SATURDAY 26TH APRIL 11AM
AN INDIVIDUALLY DESIGNED STONE BUILT DETACHED HOUSE STANDING IN DELIGHTFUL MATURE GARDENS WITH LOVELY VIEWS OVER ADJOINING FIELDS.
Large hall and galleried landing, sitting room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, family room/4th bedroom, bathroom, 3 further bedrooms, 2nd bathroom, oil ch, double glazing, off road parking, large detached double garage, approx. 90 rear garden backing onto fields, rural views, no upward chain.
Directions - From Banbury proceed in a Southwesterly direction toward Chipping Norton (A361). Travel through Bloxham and before leaving the village turn left at the mini roundabout where signposted to The Barfords. Travel through Barford St. John and on entering Barford St. Michael turn right into Lower Street. On reaching The George Inn turn right as if to go into the car park and turn almost immediately left and continue straight ahead over a neighbouring property into the private drive for Highfield House.
Situation - BARFORD ST. MICHAEL is a peaceful and relatively small village lying between the larger villages of Bloxham and Deddington. Within the village there is a public house, Village hall with groups for toddlers and the elderly, Post Office/farm shop with a vast range of services and parish church. A wider range of facilities can be found in the other aforementioned villages.
The Property - HIGHFIELD HOUSE is a detached two storey house constructed of Hornton stone under a stonesfield slate roof. We believe the property was constructed circa 25 years ago and it has been imaginatively designed with an aesthetically pleasing period style. The property is situated in a tucked away location with no passing traffic with a deep frontage and a large mature garden to the rear. There are lovely views to the rear over the River Swere and surrounding countryside. The well proportioned accommodation offers a degree of flexibility with three ground floor reception rooms as well as an additional family room which could be a fourth bedroom adjacent to the ground floor bathroom. On the first floor there are three double bedrooms in addition to another bathroom.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A detached stone built period style house in a picturesque spot.
* Spacious practical accommodation on two floors.
* A lovely spacious entrance hall with wood floor and galleried landing over.
* A large main reception room with a stone inglenook style open grate fireplace and bay window.
* A well proportioned dining room with wood floor and French windows opening to the rear garden with lovely views of the garden and fields beyond.
* A study again with fine rural views.
* Spacious kitchen/breakfast room with French windows to the front and a pleasant Southerly aspect.
* Ground floor family room/double bedroom with a large fitted wardrobe, adjacent to a bathroom.
* Three first floor double bedrooms and another bathroom.
* Period style features include inglenook style fireplace, beams, wood floor, Hornton stone elevations under a stonesfield slate roof.
* Detached stone built double garage with power and light connected and storage in the roof.
* Ample parking/turning space in a deep South facing frontage with patio area.
* Approx. 90 established rear garden backing onto paddocks and fields with lovely views beyond.
* No upward chain.
Services - All mains services are connected with the exception of gas.
Local Authority - Cherwell District Council. 01295 252535. Council Tax Band G.
Viewing - Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agents Note - All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation - Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Epc - A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41875417.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 100039A_39. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Anker & Partners, Banbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.