6 bedroom detached house for saleMain Street, Horkstow, Barton-Upon-Humber, North Lincolnshire
- Stunning Grade II Listed Georgian six bedroom country home
- Approximately three quarters of an acre landscaped garden with extensive parking & attached double garage
- A central hallway leads to welcoming sitting room, formal dining room, elegant drawing room & intimate snug
- 28' bespoke split level breakfast kitchen with Aga, Rayburn & appliances ? Utility & cellar
- 25' master bedroom with access to separate bathroom & shower room
- Three further double bedrooms & bathroom to first floor
- Second floor two further bedrooms, study & studio
- Horkstow House ? family history writ large
- EPC: Exempt
Considered to be one of the finest six bedroom detached Grade II Listed Georgian family homes in the region, Horkstow House is offered for sale by Fine and Country Northern Lincolnshire. The elegantly, subtly refurbished accommodation includes a central hallway with sitting room off, formal dining room, elegant drawing room and intimate snug. The ground floor is completed by a stunning bespoke breakfast kitchen with utility and cellar off. To the first floor the master suite includes a 25’ bedroom with access to both a shower and bathroom and the three remaining double bedrooms are served by a large family bathroom. The second floor comprises of two further double bedrooms, study and studio. There is extensive reception parking together with a double garage and the beautifully maintained gardens extend to approximately three quarters of an acre and enjoy stunning views across the Ancholme valley. Horkstow House – family history writ large.
Horkstow House is a six bedroom Grade II Listed statement country home of elegant discernment and taste enjoying stunning western views across the Ancholme valley.
The balance and proportion typical of its 1750 origins has been beautifully enhanced by a delicate refurbishment to create a space ideal for both formal and informal entertaining in which the retained period detail is finely balanced by contemporary styling.
The classic reception hall with its return staircase immediately welcomes with its warmth and gentle dignity. A stylish sitting room superbly balances both the formal 15’ dual aspect dining room and the stunning drawing room and is further complemented by the relaxed snug in which the cast iron stove creates an easy, intimate private space. The informal social heart of the home is undoubtedly the 28’ split level bespoke breakfast kitchen with its island unit, integrated appliances, Aga and Rayburn: the quintessential modern kitchen.
A distinctive master suite with a 25’3 south facing bedroom, modern bathroom and separate shower room is arranged on the half landing whilst the main landing serves a further three generous bedrooms – all of which display excellent fireplaces together with a large family bathroom. Flexibility is again evident to the second floor on which there are currently an additional two bedrooms, a studio and a study.
Horkstow House discreetly stands within approximately three quarter of an acre landscaped and lawned grounds which include specimen Yews, mature shrubs and an orchard with walnut and damson trees whilst a driveway opening to a side reception area with double garage beyond ensures that both family and friends alike are easily accommodated.
Horkstow House is an integral part of the hamlet of Horkstow which enjoys a history beyond its size: the 11th Century St. Maurice Church has Templar Knights connections, it was home to the painter George Stubbs and was once associated with a Roman village and home to the famous Horkstow mosaic pavements. It is also readily accessible to the M180 motorway network which provides connections to the region’s major communication centres and further beyond.
This stunning family home epitomises easy grace and charm: a home which gently asserts its dignity whilst generously accommodating friends and family alike.
Horkstow House – family history writ large.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 3931891. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, North Lincolnshire. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.