5 bedroom detached house for saleYeld Road, Bakewell
- *** GUIDE PRICE £500,000 - £540,000 ***
- Lady Manners school catchment
- Professionally landscaped secluded rear garden
- Off road parking for two vehicles
- Flexible family living accommodation, ideal for dependent relative or home worker
A substantial 1930s 5 bedroomed detached family residence with secluded, easily managed landscaped garden and off-road parking for two vehicles. The property is situated in a popular residential area in the historic market town of Bakewell, close to an excellent range of local shops and amenities.
A substantial 1930s five bedroomed detached family residence with secluded, easily managed landscaped garden and off-road parking for two vehicles. The property is situated in a popular residential area in the historic market town of Bakewell, close to an excellent range of local shops and amenities but away from the bustle of the town centre. It also offers the potential to eliminate the time-consuming school run because both Bakewell Methodist Junior School and Lady Manners School are a short walk away. Retaining original period features the property has been sympathetically converted to offer flexible family living accommodation, ideally suited for dependent relative or home worker. The accommodation comprises entrance hallway with impressive original leaded light, WC, four reception rooms, breakfast kitchen, utility room and cloakroom. At first floor five bedrooms, bathroom and shower room.
A decorative double glazed entrance door opens into the hallway with staircase leading to the first floor, radiator and original side aspect leaded window.
Comprising low-flush WC, wash hand basin, radiator, partially tiled walls, side aspect double glazed window and built in cupboard.
Lounge 12' 4" x 11' 1" ( 3.76m x 3.38m )
A reception room with front aspect double glazed window, picture rail, television point and radiator.
Study / Family Room 12' 5" x 10' 5" ( 3.78m x 3.18m )
A reception room with front aspect double glazed window, feature wall with recessed display shelving and television, radio and phone points.
Dining Room 14' 5" x 11' 3" ( 4.39m x 3.43m )
A reception room with side aspect double glazed windows, picture rail and radiator.
Sitting Room 23' 11" x 9' 11" ( 7.29m x 3.02m )
A dual aspect reception room with rear and side facing double glazed windows overlooking the garden, a double glazed tilt & turn door that opens on to the patio, two radiators and television, radio and phone points.
Breakfast Kitchen 11' 11" narrowing to 10' 5" x 18' 2" ( 3.63m narrowing to 3.18m x 5.54m )
A large and versatile room with quarry-tiled floor and double glazed window overlooking the garden with radiator and phone point. It includes a fitted kitchen comprising base and drawer units with an integrated dishwasher, recessed display shelving and a one and three-quarter bowl stainless steel sink set in counter top with tiled splash-back. A colour co-ordinated free-standing, gas four-ring range cooker with high level grill, hot plate and double oven beneath and a colour co-ordinated larder fridge are also included. A recessed fireplace with gas point is flanked by two full height built-in storage cupboards. The breakfast area provides ample room for a large dining table.
Utility Room 9' 3" x 8' 1" ( 2.82m x 2.46m )
With space and services for automatic washing machine, tumble dryer and chest freezer, stainless steel sink with storage cupboards beneath, quarry tiled floor with large mat well, radiator, fixed bench seat and double glazed door leading to the garden.
Floor-mounted boiler with built-in storage cupboard over, coat hooks, radiator and side aspect double glazed window.
First Floor Landing
With oak balustrade, impressive original leaded light window and access hatch to storage loft with pull down ladder. Built in storage cupboards providing hanging rail and shelving.
Bedroom Two 12' 10" x 12' 3" into the recess ( 3.91m x 3.73m into the recess )
A double bedroom with front aspect, double glazed bay window, radiator and television point.
Comprising panelled bath with overhead shower and curtain rail, pedestal wash hand basin with mirror, light and shaver point over and low-flush WC. With fully tiled walls and original built-in linen cupboard.
Bedroom Four 9' 11" x 9' 4" ( 3.02m x 2.84m )
A double bedroom with rear aspect double glazed window overlooking the garden and radiator.
Bedroom Three 11' 4" x 10' 5" ( 3.45m x 3.18m )
A double bedroom with double glazed window and radiator.
With two radiators and Velux roof light.
Comprising shower enclosure with overhead shower and curtain rail and built-in storage cupboard, pedestal wash hand basin with mirror, light and shaver point over and low-flush WC.
Bedroom Five / Dressing Room 9' 4" into recess x 7' 11" maximum measurements ( 2.84m into recess x 2.41m maximum measurements )
A versatile room that could be used either as a single bedroom, a dressing room or a study. With side aspect double glazed window, radiator, built-in wardrobe providing hanging rail and shelving and built-in dressing table/desk with cupboards over.
Master Bedroom 11' 9" x 10' 11" not including wardrobes ( 3.58m x 3.33m not including wardrobes )
A double bedroom with side aspect double glazed window, high-level octagonal double glazed window in the end wall, range of built-in wardrobes providing hanging rails shelving and storage cupboards over, radiator and television and phone points.
The fully boarded main loft area with power and lighting provides extensive storage space and potential for further expansion of the living space, subject to approvals. There is also a powered amplifier for the television and radio aerials.
Exterior And Gardens
The property is approached from the front via a pedestrian gateway opening from the footpath on Yeld Road with paving leading to the front door.
To the rear the approach is via a driveway leading off Burton Edge which provides off-road parking for two vehicles. A stepped path at the side of the garden leads from the driveway to the rear entrance door.
The professionally designed and landscaped rear garden is remarkably secluded and has been opened to the public on several occasions through the Oxfam Secret Gardens of Bakewell event. It includes a circular lower patio area, elliptical lawn surrounded by a low wall, an ornamental pond with waterfall that is a haven for wildlife, curved beds and borders with mature shrubs and trees and an unusual timber feature that screens the large 12' x 8' shed that is equipped with power and lighting.
To the front is a pebbled area enclosed by a dry stone boundary wall and a paved path at the side that leads to the rear of the property via a timber gate.
The property may be considered equally as either a four bedroomed residence having a Master Bedroom suite with Dressing Room/Study and private bathroom, or as a five-bedroomed residence with two bathrooms.
The property retains many original features, including solid timber doors and elegant staircase, plate shelf and two feature leaded light windows. It has been sympathetically restored and extended by the present owners to achieve a consistent style throughout with new woodwork manufactured to match the original profiles. Picture rails have been replaced where they were missing and have been added in the new rooms where appropriate. The design of the leaded lights in the panels of the new front door is also a copy of the original pattern.
There is scope to open up the two reception rooms at the front if required by removing the stud partition wall that separates them to make a single room across the front of the property.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42197070.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BAK104198. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bagshaws Residential, Bakewell. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.