Land for saleSharpness, Gloucestershire
Withdrawn from Market
- Former URC Church
- BIDS CLOSED @ 12 noon on 26 July 2016
- Detached Victorian property
- Conveniently located for M5 access
- Suitable for community use
- Could convert to residential subject to consent
- In residential street opposite allotments
LOCATION The property is situated in the small town of Sharpness which is close to the River Severn, but very conveniently positioned for access to the A38 and the M5 motorway leading to Bristol to the south and Gloucester/Cheltenham to the north.
Sharpness itself has basic amenities for everyday use, including convenience store, primary school, parish church and public house.
This property is located within a residential street immediately fronting a larger allotment garden area, giving it a very open aspect.
THE PROPERTY The URC church was originally constructed in 1901 with some later additions. It has brick elevations under a pitched tiled roof and consists of a large main church which is over 2000 sq.ft., as well as a good sized meeting room.
The extent of the plot is shown edged in red on the OS Plan within the sales particulars for identification purposes.
Doors to hallway leading to
Chapel 64.6 ft. x 34.6 ft. = 2225 sq.ft. (207 sq.m) with raised Dias and fitted pews with pulpit area.
Rear hall with outside entrance to side and rear.
Vestry 10.3 ft. x 13 ft. = 133 sq.ft. (12.5 sq.m)
22.8 ft. x 21 ft. + 13 ft. x 13.9 ft. = 655 sq.ft. (61 sq.m)
Kitchen 13.6 ft. x 8.3 ft. = 111 sq.ft. (10.5 sq.m) with single sink and worktop.
Stairs from rear hall to
Store 40.6 ft. x 24 ft. = 975 sq.ft. (90 sq.m)
Parking area to side for 3 vehicles in tandem, rear garden and amenity area.
VIEWINGS The general location of the property may be viewed during normal daylight hours. If you wish to enter the property we are organising a number of open view times which are as follows:
1. Friday 1st July 2016 -- 9:30 am - 10:30 am
2. Wednesday 6th July 2016 -- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
3. Saturday 9th July 2016 -- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
TOWN & COUNTRY PLANNING The present use of the building is within D1 of the Use Classes Order as a place of worship. This would also permit other community uses including clinics, surgeries, creches, day nurseries and consulting rooms.
Alternatively we believe that the property could be converted for either residential or commercial uses subject to planning permission being granted. Interested parties should address any specific enquiries to the local Planning Authority.
METHOD OF SALE The property is offered for sale by informal tender. Offers are to be made in writing by 12 noon on Tuesday 26th July 2016 at the offices of Perry Bishop & Chambers, 2 Silver Street, Cirencester, GL7 2BL.
These should be submitted on the offer form which is available from ourselves or by email or post, so as to ensure that all information required is received. The offer may be returned by hand, posted to our Cirencester office or by email to email@example.com
It is the bidder's responsibility to ensure that their offer is received by the prescribed deadline, and the vendor is not bound to accept the highest or lowest or any offer. A decision will be made as soon as possible after the closing date, with all parties being notified accordingly.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42433290.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 100300011191. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Perry Bishop and Chambers, Cirencester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.