5 bedroom detached house for saleSoss Lane, Misterton, Doncaster, DN10
- Grade II* Listed five bedroom detached home converted from pair of former pumping stations
- One wing includes 39' open plan living space, oak kitchen and three bedrooms & two bathrooms arranged over two upper floors
- Striking connecting conservatory to second wing with 24' dual height lounge, day room, study, two bedrooms, shower room & mezzanine games room
- Additional two storey barn in need of renovation
- Five acre (approx.) field
- Pump House : where family history begins
- EPC "Exempt"
Fine and Country Northern Lincolnshire are delighted to offer for sale this former pair of Grade II* Listed pumping stations which now form a unique five bedroom detached home. Straddling the former mill race is a striking linking conservatory and the accommodation includes a 39’1 dual height open plan living area with mezzanine leading to three bedrooms and two bathrooms arranged over two floors. The beech fronted kitchen opens to a delightful southern breakfast terrace. The remaining wing features a further 24’ dual height lounge with separate study, 20’9 day room and a mezzanine games area provides access to the final two bedrooms and shower room. There is an additional un-renovated two storey barn which could be converted to stabling or garaging in connection with the five acre field. A stunning, unique detached family property where family history begins.
The linking of this pair of 1828 Grade II* Listed pumping stations via a black, steel conservatory over the former mill race has created a unique five bedroom family home with a separate five acre (approx.) field of stunning spaces defined by light. The bold assertion of its previous working life, as seen by the distinctive pair of tall chimneys, high arched windows, surprising flagged ceiling and former sluice gate is complemented by the crisp décor and softened by the clever use of glazing to maximise the reflections of the stream and the views across the gardens.
There is drama too: the 39’ open plan living room with its 19’3 high vaulted ceiling is best viewed from a mezzanine landing and is mirrored by similar views over the second lounge from a further landing used as a games room. The inherent flexibility is obvious: to one side there are three bedrooms and two bathrooms arranged over two upper floors and the remaining two bedrooms and shower room lie in the second wing. The large living spaces are counterbalanced by a more intimate day room and separate study which allow for enjoyment of the bird and wildlife resident in this area of special scientific interest and the well appointed kitchen opens to a southern breakfast terrace overlooking the landscaped garden.
In addition to the fishing rights, Pump House also enjoys the benefit of a separate five acre field for which stabling or garaging could be created in the un-renovated detached barn adjacent to the main house.
This outstanding family property is so much more than a list of features and measurements: it is an evolution from the derelict to the contemporary, from the industrial to the home.
Pump House : where family history begins.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 5033454. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, North Lincolnshire. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.