Plot for saleGrampound
- Pair of Building Plots
- Proposed Dwellings to Comprise:-
- 3 Bedrooms
- Bathroom & Cloakroom
- Living Room
- Dining Area
A PAIR OF BUILDING PLOTS IN CENTRAL VILLAGE LOCATION
A former vehicle repair workshop located in the centre of Grampound village and with conditional planning consent for redevelopment to accommodate two link detached dwellings.
Each dwelling to comprise;- three bedrooms, bathroom, living room, dining area, kitchen and cloaks. Two large single garages are to connect the dwellings.
This is an unusual opportunity for development in a central village location. It necessitates the demolition of the current vehicular repair workshop and the replacement with two three bedroom dwellings linked only by their garages. It is a very attractive site bounded by old stone walls and perfect for the sympathetic development scheme for which detailed planning consent has recently been obtained.
Grampound is an historic village notable for its ancient dwellings set on either side of the main thoroughfare which is part of the A390 between Truro and St. Austell. It is also a thriving community with a range of facilities for daily needs including a village store with post office, public house, primary school, doctors surgery and also a Chinese restaurant. A regular bus service connects both Truro and St. Austell and here there are plenty of further facilities. Secondary schools in the area include the Roseland at Tregony and Brannel at St. Stephen. Main line railway stations are in both Truro and St. Austell.
The proposed dwellings are similar in overall size but differ somewhat in the layout of the accommodation. Each will provide:- on the ground floor - hallway with cloakroom, living room, dining area (either open plan to the living room or kitchen) and kitchen. On the first floor there are three bedrooms and a bathroom. A large single garage will connect the two properties.
Conditional planning consent was granted on the 8th of June 2016 by Cornwall Council (application no. PA15/09812) subject to the following conditions:-
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of 3 years from the date of this permission.
2. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the plans listed below under the heading "Plans Referred to in Consideration of this Application".
3. No development shall commence (other than that required to be carried out as part of an approved scheme of remediation) until Criteria 2; have been complied with (as necessary). If unexpected contamination is found after development has begun, development must be halted on that part of the site affected by the unexpected contamination to the extent specified by the Local Planning Authority in writing until criteria 4 has been complied with in relation to that contamination.
Criteria 1: Site characterisation
An investigation and risk assessment, in addition to any assessment provided with the planning application, must be completed in accordance with a scheme to assess the nature and extent of any contamination on the site, whether or not it originates on the site. The contents of the scheme and a written report of the findings of the investigation and risk assessment is to be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The report of the findings must include:
(i) a survey of the extent, scale and nature of contamination;
(ii) an assessment of the potential risks to:
- human health,
- property (existing or proposed) including buildings, crops, livestock, pets, woodland and service lines and pipes,
- adjoining land,
- groundwater's and surface waters,
- ecological systems,
- archaeological sites and ancient monuments;
Criteria 2: Submission of remediation scheme
A detailed remediation scheme to bring the site to a condition suitable for the intended use by removing unacceptable risks to human health, buildings and other property and the natural and historical environment must be prepared, and approved in writing, by the Local Planning Authority. The scheme must include all works to be undertaken, proposed remediation objectives and remediation criteria, timetable of works and site management procedures. The scheme must ensure that the site will not qualify as contaminated land under Part 2A of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 in relation to the intended use of the land after remediation.
4. Prior to the commencement of any works associated with the development, the tree protection fencing shall be erected in accordance with the approved tree protection plan (TL. .0003 and associated details) and shall be retained and maintained until the completion of the development. At no time shall any works in connection with the development, including storage, access, cement mixing, bonfires, excavations or other level changes occur within the protected area. The development shall be implemented in strict accordance with the agreed tree protection methods.
It is noted that a soakaway is indicated in a position to the north of the proposed fencing, this drainage solution shall not be implemented unless full details of its method of construction, position and likely impact upon the Tree Preservation Order covered trees has first been submitted to and agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority. Thereafter, the development shall be undertaken in strict accordance with the agreed details.
5. Before the first occupation of the dwellings hereby permitted the first floor windows on the west elevation shall be fitted with obscure glazing and fixed/restricted opening as per the specification shown on Drawing Number T.L0006 and the windows shall be permanently retained in that condition thereafter.
6. With the exception of the window [and external door] openings shown on approved drawing no T.L 0006, no new openings shall be added to the first floor of the west elevation.
Criteria 3: Implementation of approved remediation scheme
The approved remediation scheme must be carried out in accordance with its terms prior to the commencement of development other than that required to carry out remediation, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The Local Planning Authority must be given two weeks written notification of commencement of the remediation scheme works. Following completion of measures identified in the approved remediation scheme, a verification report that demonstrates the effectiveness of the remediation carried out must be submitted to the Local Planning Authority.
Criteria 4: Reporting of unexpected contamination
In the event that contamination is found at any time when carrying out the approved development that was not previously identified it must be reported in writing immediately to the Local Planning Authority. An investigation and risk assessment must be undertaken in accordance with the requirements of criteria 1, and where remediation is necessary, a remediation scheme must be prepared in accordance with the requirements of criteria 2, and submitted in writing to the Local Planning Authority. Following completion of measures identified in the
approved remediation scheme a verification report must be prepared, and submitted in writing to the Local Planning Authority in accordance with criteria 3.
A copy of the planning consent is available for inspection at the agents offices together with copies of the detailed plans. Extracts from these plans are incorporated within these particulars.
Special Note - The existing tarmac road serving the site is also the vehicular access to three other dwellings and hence there will be a shared responsibility towards the maintenance of this area.
Services - Mains services are believed to be available but applicants must make their own enquiries with the relevant service authorities.
Directions - Proceeding into the village from the Truro direction watch out for the telephone call box on the right hand side of the road (at the foot of the hill). The entrance into the site is just after the call box and then easily identified.
- St. Austell (5.7 mi)
Nearest schoolsUse the school checker
BroadbandShow average broadband speed at this postcode Average broadband speed within this postcode Finding the fastest speed... Up to Compare broadband deals
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- St. Austell (5.7 mi)
To view this property or request more details, contact:
There are no nearby secondary schools found.
Due to the frequency with which Inspection bodies, such as Ofsted, provide us with updates, there could be a delay of up to 8 weeks between a rating being updated and it being displayed on Rightmove. This data is provided for informational purposes only and Rightmove plc does not accept any liability for decisions based on this data. The data is sourced from Experian PLC. Experian does not accept responsibility for any inference or conclusion derived from the data by third parties.
Disclaimer - Property reference 26349190. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Philip Martin, Truro. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.