4 bedroom detached house for saleLanner, Cornwall
- Historic detached house
- Four bedrooms
- Triple aspect lounge
- Utility room
- Ground floor WC
- Family bathroom and en-suite shower room
- Multi fuel burner, open fire and LPG heating
- Central village location and level gardens and outbuildings
A double fronted detached house completely refurbished over recent years to provide modern four bedroomed accommodation, a family bathroom, en-suite and separate WC ground floor. Bright and spacious triple aspect lounge, an enviable kitchen/diner with multi fuel burning stove and comprehensive integrated kitchen and separate utility room. Attractive internal lighting and many character features such as an ornate cast iron open fire with attractive wooden mantel surround. In addition to an open fire and multi fuel burning stove there is LPG heating, double glazing throughout and externally are level gardens and driveway providing parking to the side of the property.
The importance of mining was to diminish as the 19th century wore on and the process of deindustrialisation began, but even in 1881, the village could boast two sampling agents for copper companies, John Evans of (Lambriggan House) and Captain William Odgers of Treweek Cottage, Rough Street.
The deeds of the house 'Lambriggan' by Lanner Square indicate that a portion of the back garden was once the site of the Old Bell Stamps.
Lanner and its satellite villages contained several interesting houses by the end of the Victorian era, of note were: West Trevarth Farm, Lambriggan House, Pennance House...etc.
The Cornish became fabled for their adeptness at helping their fellow countrymen to migrate... one such example is John Evans of Lambriggan House, who worked as copper agent for Neville, Duke and Co. Many won their education by their efforts after starting work. Captain John Evans of Lambriggan House typifies this. He was 40-50 years an agent to the copper company Neville, Bruce and Co of Lanelly and was largely self taught, acquiring the reputation of being a fine mathematician. In his zeal to master alegebra he at one time judged it necessary to rise at five in the morning in order to study!
In 1959 the main Falmouth to Redruth road was widened and pavements laid done by order of the Local Government Act 1933. Mrs E Blight of Lambriggan House lost 30 square yards of their front garden receiving compensation of one shilling, the council having to rebuild the boundary wall in the new position. These are statements taken from Tin Mines and Miners of Lanner publication produced in 2001.
Lanner is a thriving Cornish village with origins as far back as the Bronze age! It really came of age in the 19th Century during the Cornish mining boom of tin and cooper. No longer involved in the industry, the village is sensitive and appreciative of the legacy of that time with its architecture, footpaths and surroundings.
The community is well served by a whole range of local facilities including a local shop, post office, two public houses, baker, fish and chip shop, primary school, doctors surgery and both the parish church and chapel.
Redruth lies approximately two miles away providing a much wider range of shopping and business facilities.
The colourful harbourside town of Falmouth is approximately seven and a half miles distant, as well as the cathedral city of Truro being approximately seven and a half miles away.
Regular bus services leave the village giving access to all these Cornish towns and the City of Truro.
Numerous beaches can be found at Portreath and Porthtowan, approximately six miles away.
Lambriggan House is a fully refurbished generously proportioned detached house, providing four bedroomed accommodation, the master having an en-suite shower room. There is a triple aspect lounge with double doors opening on to the enclosed rear garden and a kitchen/dining room with a wood burning stove with multi fuel stove and an extension to the rear of the kitchen which provides a utility room and a ground floor WC and second access point to the level enclosed rear garden. We feel that the property is presented to a high decorative standard. It is of course centrally located within the village which has a strong range of local facilities and amenities, a well regarded primary school, and excellent transport facilities to the towns nearby surrounding towns.
Property ref: 121_1775_4182989
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42800532.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4182989. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Lewis Haughton Wills , Falmouth. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.