4 bedroom character property for saleWest Rasen, Market Rasen
- Beautiful Character Property
- Grade II Listed
- Annexe Attached
- Extensive Plot
- Village Location
Post Box Cottage is a beautiful Grade II listed thatched roof detached home which occupies a prominent corner position along with an extensive plot within the village of West Rasen. The property offers versatile and deceptively spacious accommodation which must be viewed to be fully appreciated.
Post Box Cottage is a beautiful Grade II listed thatched roof detached home which occupies a prominent corner position along with an extensive plot within the village of West Rasen. The property offers both versatile and deceptively spacious accommodation which can only be fully appreciated by an internal inspection. The property lies on the edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds which is known for being an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty whilst boasting access links to nearby Market Rasen and the Cathedral City of Lincoln where a range of amenities can be found. This former Village Post Office/Store would appeal to a multiple of potential purchasers from families to professionals and offers a wealth of Character and space in a cleverly extended L shape lay out. The property further benefits from an attached but self contained annexe which could be utilised for a variety of things or it could equally be incorporated as general extended living accommodation.
Ground Floor Accommodation
Kitchen / Diner
A spacious family kitchen with a range of bespoke and well appointed fitted solid oak base and wall units with granite worksurfaces, sink unit, central feature work station, brick fireplace with multi-fuel stove, electric oven and hob, beams to ceiling, travertine floor tiles and open access leading into an adjacent dining area. This room was formerly utilised as the village post office
A spacious reception room with handmade terracotta tiled flooring, brick feature fireplace with LPG gas stove as the main focal point, beams to ceiling and stairs rising to the first floor.
Having a continuation of the handmade terracotta tile flooring incorporating a motif of the "four seasons" in hand painted tiles and doors to further extended ground floor accommodation/attached annexe
With a ceramic double Butler sink, gas fire with back boiler, range of wall and base units, tiled flooring, space and plumbing for washing machine and water softener.
Housing the airing cupboard and with access leading to bathroom and to the self contained annexe which could also be incorporated into general extended accommodation for principle living.
A well appointed family bathroom comprising a four piece suite of bath, wash hand basin, WC and double shower cubicle; finished with tiled flooring and heated towel rails.
Landing To The First Floor
Having a window to the front aspect and sloping ceiling.
Having a window to the front aspect and sloping ceiling
Door leading from Bedroom One. A versatile space suitable for many uses with a window to the side aspect and sloping ceilings
Ground Floor Annexe
Accessed both from the main accommodation and also separately via a porch leading through to Hallway. This versatile extension could be utilised as extended principle accommodation, a separate self contained annexe and completes the building in an L shape.
Having pine base cupboards to walls and floor with worksurfaces over, sink unit, boiler, gas cooker and airing cupboard. Access to loft.
Fitted with a colour suite comprising a bath, WC and wash hand basin.
Having a brick fireplace and door leading to garden.
Having a window to the rear aspect. A spacious and versatile room.
The property possess an extensive plot in total which is divided into a small front aspect with picket fencing with the rear being extensively laid to lawn with block paved pathways and useful outbuilding/store. There is a further garden area with a variety of fruit trees and a gravelled driveway to the side aspect leading to the Detached Double Garage with electric door, lighting and power within and an alarm.
From Market Rasen continue out of town on the A631 in the direction of Gainsborough. As you enter West Rasen, Post Box Cottage is situated on the right hand side.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43067945.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LCR106632. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Lincoln. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.