5 bedroom detached house for saleAbbey Park Road, Grimsby DN32
- Impressive five bedroom detached Victorian statement home in premier location
- Elegantly appointed bay fronted dining room and lounge
- Stunning bespoke breakfast kitchen with extensive range of appliances and breakfast area
- Large playroom, utility and cellar
- Four bedroom and period style family bathroom to first floor
- Fifth bedroom and potential bathroom to second floor
- Discreetly landscaped garden with extensive parking and double garage
- Recreational pool
- Langcliffe House- A statement of style
- EPC Rating "E"
Beyond the impressive façade of this double fronted mid-Victorian statement house Fine and Country are delighted to present a five bedroom family home that epitomises contemporary elegance and style. The property exudes an intimate grandeur and understated modernity that guarantees a relaxed conviviality to this most social of homes.
Dating originally from 1890 and built for the respected local solicitor Mr James Whiteley Wilkin (founder of Wilkin Chapman law firm) and latterly lived in by the late shipping tycoon Mr John Ross MBE the owner of Ross Foods.
Langcliffe House is situated close to People’s Park in the town’s most sought after residential area and only a few minutes’ walk from all the facilities of central Grimsby and also to two private schools of St James and St Martin’s on nearby Bargate.
One of Langcliffe House’s many principal features is the stunning central reception hall with its return staircase which is flooded with natural light from the large arched window on the half landing. The hall itself is flanked by twin bay fronted reception rooms which perfectly reflect the marriage of modern and traditional living. The principal dual aspect lounge is the marque of modern chic and the large dining room is an ideal space for more formal family celebrations and both rooms are harmoniously linked by matching fireplaces.
Without doubt the social heart of the home is the stunning breakfast kitchen and family room with its rear bay enjoying views across the grounds and its side bay having deep window seats for easy relaxed conversation. The kitchen is lavishly appointed by an extensive range of bespoke hand painted cream units, by Four Woods Ltd of Louth, which house the integrated refrigerator and separate freezer. There is a further range of eight units at eye level with ‘egg and dart’ frieze cornicing, a stunning central island with granite work surfacing to include; one and a half-bowl Franke sink unit with flexible mixer tap, built-in dishwasher and touch control electric-opening curving timber fronted drawers to one side and breakfast bar. To the side aspect there is a deep leaded bay window with window seats and travertine tiled floor throughout.
The ground floor is complemented by a third large reception room currently used as a play room. A cloakroom and large utility room which gives access via a security keypad to the four roomed cellar under the footprint of the house which allows scope for many uses besides storage due to the 6-foot head-height.
There is further opportunity to contribute to the history of this delightful home on the remaining two storeys. The first floor currently contains four bedrooms together with a period style family bathroom however there is also scope to complete the part-finished en-suite to your own taste. The fifth bedroom sits on the second floor and is accompanied by a further part-finished bathroom.
Discretely situated beyond double electric gates and screened by mature shrubs, Langcliffe House occupies grounds with recently established lawns and areas prepared for the new owners to create their own planting scheme. The property is completed by secure reception parking leading to a detached brick double garage and a recreational swimming pool with timber pavilion.
Langcliffe House is a home of stature and style which allows for further enhancement.
Langcliffe House – a statement of style.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43177500.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 3105720. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, North Lincolnshire. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.