6 bedroom detached house for saleBridge Farm, Yedingham, Near Malton
- Imposing stone built family house
- Grade II listed
- Retains many attractive and interesting features
- Three reception rooms
- Six bedrooms plus additional storage rooms
- Stands in nearly half an acre
- Ample parking and double garage
- Gas fired central heating
- Gardens extending down to the River Derwent
- Excellent B & B potential
Bridge Farm is an imposing detached Grade II listed former farmhouse constructed of mellow stone under a double pitched pantile roof. The property occupies a prominent position within the village and the grounds of the property approach nearly half an acre and extend down to the River Derwent. There are six generously sized bedrooms arranged over two floors which provide super family accommodation with plenty of storage space. There is potential to run bed and breakfast or convert the top floor into a self contained flat. The current owners have recently undertaken major remedial work on the property including repointing the chimney stacks, new kneelers finished with lime mortar pointing. The property retains many interesting and architectural features including sash windows, dressed stone window surrounds and keystones, an abundance of structural timbers, the most notable are believed to have originated from the keel of a Whitby Whaler, along with attractive fireplaces to the reception rooms. The property benefits from gas fired central heating which is run on three zones, this is supplied by the Rayburn but is also supplemented by the gas fired central heating boiler.
The present house dates principally from the mid seventeenth century with a significant late 1800s extension but is believed to have earlier origins possibly dating back to Elizabethan times. Local records show that it was occupied as a farm in 1639 and then became a Coaching Inn (The Grapes) in the mid eighteenth century before becoming used as part of the village post office as indicated by the post box in the front elevation.
Outside the property stands in grounds approaching half an acre with the garden gently extending down to the River Derwent. The garden has been tastefully planted over the years and hosts a variety of flowering plants and shrubs. There is an orchard area and vegetable plot overlooking the river. A range of traditional stone outbuildings borders the main garden. The property also benefits from a detached double garage with power and light and ample parking on a gravelled driveway.
Yedingham is a well situated and pretty village providing good access to the A170 and A64. The market town of Malton is 11miles, Pickering is 8 miles and access to Scarborough and the coast is 12 miles distant. Within the village there is a public house, Church and village hall. The property can be identified by our 'For Sale' board.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43373411.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference Bridgefm. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Cundalls, Pickering. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.