3 bedroom detached house for saleCold Hanworth, Lincoln
- Stunning Converted Victorian Church
- Three Bedrooms
- Two En-suite Bathrooms
- Generous Open Plan Living Space
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Original Stained Glass Windows
- Beautiful Landscaped Gardens
- Entrance Via Original Ornate Stone Lychgate
- Stunning Countryside Views
- Quiet Village Location
* FORMER CHURCH * Situated in the heart of Lincolnshire and with stunning views of the open countryside, this stunning Grade II listed former Church conversion has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a large open plan living space and boasts a wealth of period features including a Grade II listed Lychgate and original stained glass windows. Outside, there are beautiful landscaped gardens with mature trees and planted beds.
Description - Situated in the heart of Lincolnshire and with stunning views of the open countryside, Old Church House is a beautifully presented three bedroom Grade II listed former Church, lovingly restored and converted into a gorgeous home in the village of Cold Hanworth. Built in 1861-62 as All Saints' Church by J Croft of Islington for Commodore Peter Cracroft in memory of his father, it replaced an earlier mediaeval structure. With a wealth of period features, the property offers light and spacious accommodation and beautiful landscaped grounds running to all elevations.
The accommodation comprises reception hall, principal reception area, kitchen/breakfast room and utility to the ground floor with three bedrooms, two with en-suite to the first floor.
Entrance - Entrance via original porch, solid wood glazed doors, original tessellated tiled flooring, glazed, beam work, original solid
Reception Hall - Original stained glass windows, stone flooring, wooden staircase rising to first floor landing, twin feature arched stained
glass doors leading to:
Principal Reception Area - 7.36m x 7.31m (24'1" x 23'11") - Full length wooden glazed picture windows overlooking reception hall, original glazed leaded windows to both side elevations, oak flooring, brick fireplace, wood mantel, cast iron solid wood burner, four radiators and radiator covers, access to extensive cellars, steps leading to:
Kitchen/Breakfast Room - 5.69m x 4.82m (18'8" x 15'9") - Original tiled flooring, stained and leaded windows to both sides, central island, breakfast bar, granite work surfaces, butcher block sink, drainer and drainaway, Leisure range cooker with ceramic hob, integrated dishwasher, exposed brickwork, radiator in radiator cover.
Utility/Cloakroom - Leaded and glazed windows, solid wood work surfaces, butcher block ceramic sink with storage cupboard under, low level WC, stripped and stained floorboards, space and plumbing for washing machine, heated towel rail, exposed beam work with brick work.
Half Landing -
First Floor Landing - Balustrading, double glazed Velux window to roof space, built-in cupboards, exposed beamwork, radiator, vaulted ceiling.
Second Landing - Wooden spiral staircase, original stone window, exposed brickwork, exposed beamwork.
Bedroom One - 5.28m x 3.95m (17'3" x 12'11") - Twin wood Velux windows to side elevation, stained and leaded picture window to rear elevation, vaulted ceiling, ornate brick
hearth and woodwork, radiator.
En-Suite Bathroom - Picture window to side elevation, exposed brickwork, three piece suite comprising bath with tiled surround, low level WC, pedestal wash hand basin, radiator, built-in storage cabinets.
Bedroom Two - 3.40m x 4.30m (11'1" x 14'1") - Vaulted ceiling, ornate exposed beamwork, wooden double glazed Velux window, radiator.
En-Suite Shower Room - Double glazed Velux window to roof space, exposed beam work, three piece suite comprising low level WC, large walk-in shower, wash hand basin in vanity unit, heated towel rail.
Bedroom Three - 4.67m x 3.24m (15'3" x 10'7") - Wooden Velux double glazed window to roof space, exposed ornate beamwork, radiator.
Outside - The property is approached through a stone Lychgate with cast iron gates leading to a gravel driveway leading to a the parking area. Beautiful landscaped grounds run to all elevations with a mixture of mature trees and planted beds, with stone wall and fenced boundaries, and excellent open countryside vistas. The property further benefits from a raised patio providing an alfresco dining area and storage in the form of a large garden shed.
Directions - Travelling from the North of Lincoln on the A46 (Market Rasen Road), turn left onto Scothern Lane, Dunholme. Carry on through the village onto Ryland Road, turning right onto Hackthorn Road followed by a right turn onto Mill Lane. At the end of the road turn right following the road for approximately one mile where the property can be found on the right hand side.
Local Council - West Lindsey District Council
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26587328. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Mount & Minster , Lincoln. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.