3 bedroom detached house for sale1 Princes Street, Innerleithen, EH44 6JT
Withdrawn from Market
- A well-proportioned three-bedroom detached house, situated in a very central location just off the High Street
- Located within a desirable residential street and is well placed for St Ronan's Primary School, good local amenities as well as public transport links
- Split level accommodation, which has been extended by the current owners and is presented in good decorative order throughout
- For Council Tax purposes this property has been assessed as band category D
- The Energy Efficiency Rating for this property is D (68) with potential B (84)
- Well presented private gardens to the front and rear of the property
- The fully enclosed rear garden is of low maintenance and includes a lovely decked patio area
- At the side of the house there is a block paved driveway, which provides off street parking and leads to large integral garage
** Home Report valuation £240,000 - copy available upon request **
1 Princes Street is a well-proportioned three-bedroom detached house, situated in a very central location just off the High Street in the popular and well regarded Borders town of Innerleithen. The property is located within a desirable residential street and is well placed for St Ronan's Primary School, good local amenities as well as public transport links.
The split level accommodation, which has been extended by the current owners and is presented in good decorative order throughout, briefly comprises: on the ground floor, entrance hallway, kitchen, dining room, two double bedrooms, family bathroom and a utility room. On the lower ground floor there is a bright family room with wood burning stove and patio doors opening onto the rear garden as well as a good sized master bedroom with modern en-suite shower room. Whilst on the attic floor there is a welcoming spacious sitting room. Externally, there are well presented private gardens to the front and rear of the property. The front garden is planted with a range of shrubs borders and trees. The fully enclosed rear garden is of low maintenance and includes a lovely decked patio area. At the side of the house there is a block paved driveway, which provides off street parking and leads to large integral garage.
Princes Street is situated in the picturesque and charming Borders town of Innerleithen, the main Border towns are easily reached while Edinburgh lies approximately 30 miles to the north. The town offers a good range of local shopping, medical centre, post office, hotels, restaurants and cafes, with primary schooling close by. The neighbouring town of Peebles offers further facilities including the local High School, Tesco and Sainsbury's supermarkets, swimming pool and leisure centre. Lying in the heart of the picturesque Tweed Valley, the town of Innerleithen makes both an ideal commuter choice and a central base for indulging in the various activities available nearby such as golf, fishing, hill walking and horse riding, not to mention the world renowned mountain biking centres of Innerleithen and Glentress being on the doorstep. In addition, Innerleithen and the wider area of the Borders has a thriving Arts Community, with many Art Galleries and a wide variety of arts and crafts activities for all ages. There is a multi-screen cinema in nearby Galashiels and there are a number of local music and theatre groups, including a folk night in the Traquair Arms, just five minutes' walk from Princes Street. There is also the annual Innerleithen Music Festival with the stars of Celtic music and much more. Distances: Edinburgh 30 miles, Peebles 6 miles, Galashiels 12 miles (All distances are approximate).
From Peebles travel approx. 6 miles' south-east on the A72 to Innerleithen, on entering the town travel along the High Street and take the third road on the right into Princes Street. The property is situated on the immediate right hand side as you enter Princes Street. For those with satellite navigation the postcode for this property is: EH44 6JT.
Mains water, drainage and electricity. Gas fired central heating. PVC double glazing.
Council Tax and Local Authority:
For Council Tax purposes this property has been assessed as band category D. The local authority is Scottish Borders Council, Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, Melrose, TD6 0SA Tel: 01835 824 000.
Viewing is available 7 days a week strictly by appointment by calling JBM Estate Agents on 01721 540170. Telephone lines are open 7 days a week, from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 1pm Saturday and Sunday.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us to request a copy.
The Energy Efficiency Rating for this property is D (68) with potential B (84).
A closing date may be fixed. Prospective purchasers who have notified their interest through lawyers to JBM Estate Agents, in writing, will be advised of a closing date, unless the property has been sold previously.
Formal offers should be submitted to the Selling Agents in Scottish legal form: JBM Estate Agents, 10 Northgate, Peebles, EH45 8RS. Telephone: 01721 540170, Fax 01721 520104. The seller reserves the right to sell at any time and interested parties will be expected to provide the Selling Agents with advice on the source of funds with suitable confirmation of their ability to finance the purchase. Viewers should be advised that even after an acceptable written offer has been received, in the event of any unreasonable delay by the purchaser in concluding missives, the Selling Agents reserve the right to resume viewings.
13' 9'' x 9' 10'' (4.20m x 3.00m)
9' 10'' x 9' 6'' (3.00m x 2.90m)
9' 10'' x 9' 6'' (3.00m x 2.90m)
27' 3'' x 11' 11'' (8.30m x 3.63m)
6' 11'' x 5' 11'' (2.10m x 1.80m)
12' 6'' x 6' 7'' (3.80m x 2.00m)
13' 9'' x 12' 10'' (4.20m x 3.90m)
14' 1'' x 9' 6'' (4.30m x 2.90m)
13' 1'' x 6' 7'' (4.00m x 2.00m)
17' 9'' x 12' 6'' (5.40m x 3.80m)
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 7280247. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by JBM Estate Agents Limited, Peebles. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.