House for saleTrumland Estate, Rousay, Orkney, Orkney Islands, KW17
- A historic residential and sporting estate set in one of the most beautiful parts of Orkney
- Three estate cottages and former Coach House
- Superb walled garden
- Enjoyable mixed rough shooting and trout fishing on Loch of Wabister
- Diverse wildlife and mixed habitat
- Excellent sea fishing and sailing opportunities
Trumland House stands in grounds extending to some 44 acres (18 hectares) and is approached by a gated and pillared entrance next to the Gate Lodge with a sweeping hard core track. It enjoys superb sea views to the south west and south east. The house requires significant refurbishment having been badly damaged by a fire in 1985. The house is wind and water tight and the refurbishment programme is well under way with the house having been re-roofed, a new attic floor being installed and timbers replaced where required. Windows and rainwater goods have been reconditioned and renewed.
Following completion of the refurbishment project, Trumland offers great potential as a superb family residence, or alternatively, subject to the necessary planning and other consents, perhaps as a small hotel. The floor plans indicate the likely accommodation on completion of the restoration.
To the front (south) of the house are beautiful terraced lawns and a short distance to the rear is a well maintained walled garden with greenhouse and stone built potting and storage sheds. The walled gardens are colourful and well laid out and are open to visitors. The land surrounding the house includes grassland areas, together with policy woodlands of predominantly sycamore and ash with some laburnum and rhododendrons, which provide a particularly attractive feature.
There was at one time a private 9 hole golf course in the grounds and this feature could be restored.
A facebook page with further information and photos is available at http://www.facebook.com/TrumlandHouseGardens?ref=stream
Trumland was historically used as an upland sporting and farming estate. The land extends in all to some 1,746 acres (707 hectares or thereby) and in addition there is a 50% pro-indiviso share of Hullion Hill which extends to approximately 197 acres (80 hectares or thereby).
EPC Rating = G
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45426631.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference INV140124. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Galbraith, Inverness. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.