47 bedroom country house for saleScalesceugh HallCarleton,CarlisleCA4 0BT
Scalesceugh Hall is located in Carleton, 5 miles south east of Carlisle City Centre.
The surrounding area is principally agricultural with a small element of residential accommodation and farm buildings. Situated 2 miles to the south west is the small village of Wreay offering local amenities.
Vehicular access is via the A6 which leads directly to the M6 (J42), less that 2 miles away to the north. Penrith is around 18 miles to the south.
The subject premises comprise of a unique opportunity to acquire a substantial Grade II Listed Edwardian country house, mainly built in the early 20th Century with parts dating back to the 17th Century.
Previously operated as a charitable residential care home the premises would lend itself to a variety of uses, subject to the relevant consents.
The main premises are constructed of stone with the accommodation spread over two floors, offering a selection of reception, lounge, dining rooms, bedrooms, bathroom facilities and offices. Furthermore, there is a modern Day Centre located to the rear.
Internally the accommodation offers a wide selection of period features of historical interest. Scalesceugh Hall offers extensive car parking and is accessed via a private driveway, which is also shared with 5 executive home which have previously been built to the rear, within the former grounds.
The site as a whole is set within extensive landscaped formal gardens including woodlands.
From computerised Pro-Map plans, the following areas have been calculated. (G.E.A):
Scalesceugh Hall, including Dower House (ground and first floor) 1582.14m2 (17,030 sq ft)
Day Centre 198.63m2 (2,138 sq ft)
Pavilion 164.35m2 (1,769 sq ft)
Garages 70.23m2 (756 sq ft)
Total approximate 2015.35m2 (21,693 sq ft)
Approximate Site Area 3.00 acres 1.21 hectares
The site benefits from mains water and electric, with drainage being offered by a private treatment plant. The existing heating is serviced by an oil fire system.
(All interested parties should satisfy themselves with the local services providers).
The subject site and premises have planning permission for the conversion to a 47 bed Residential Care Home with six associated Close Care Cottages to be constructed within the grounds (Renewal of previously approved permission 10/0643)
Application Reference: 13/0799
Full details relating to the application and associated Section 106 Agreement can be provided upon request.
The client is seeking offers in the region of £875,000, subject to contract, for the freehold interest in the land and buildings.
VAT will not be charged for the sale of the site and premises.
The purchaser will be responsible for any legal / professional / architects / investigation fees together with and VAT theron incurred in the preparation / offers of acquisition of the building.
Furthermore the purchaser will be responsible for all vendors reasonable legal and surveyors costs incurred in the preparation and completion of the sale together with any VAT theron.
The property is available to view strictly by prior appointment with Frew Pain & Partnerd & Edwin Thompson LLP. Unaccompanied access should not be taken on to the site for health and safety reasons. Please contact the Carlisle Office:
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in May 2014.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46698728.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference F1030B. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Edwin Thompson, Keswick. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.