6 bedroom detached house for saleLittle London, Oakhill, Somerset, BA3 5AZ
- Luxury country house built in 2005.
- 6 bedrooms (3 en-suite) including ground floor 1 bedroom self contained annexe with entrance hall, bathroom, lounge and kitchen.
- Accommodation and garages of c. 5,600 sq ft.
- 425 sq ft Cinema / games room with vaulted ceiling, electric roof lights, HD projector, Dolby surround sound, 84" electric screen, and full size snooker table.
- Integral garaging for 4 cars (c. 650 sq ft).
- Gas underfloor heating throughout with individual programmable room controls.
- Hardwood double glazing throughout.
- Stable block with 4 loose boxes, feed room, hay store, tack room, 60m x 20m all weather manege.
- Total gardens and grounds of approximately 9.66 acres.
- 16 miles to Bath, 18 miles to Bristol and 90 minutes by train to London Paddington.
5 bedroom Equestrian Country House (c. 5,600 sq ft) with additional 1 bedroom annexe, cinema/games room, extensive garaging, equestrian facilities, manege and 9.6 acres.
Completed in 2005, a magnificent family house constructed in natural cotswold stone under a clay tiled and slate roof.
• Exceptional levels of thermal and acoustic insulation.
• Concrete ground and first floors.
• Under-floor heating throughout with individual programmable room controls.
• Traditional plaster cornices.
• American White Oak internal joinery with oversized Oak internal doors and top quality ironmongery.
• Custom crafted Oak staircase with galleried landing.
• Hardwood double glazing throughout with 9 ft Mahogany, triple glazed entrance doors.
• Dimmable lighting in most rooms.
• Surround sound in lounge and games room, ceiling speakers in kitchen, reception hall and garage.
• Extensive TV, Phone and CAT5 wiring.
• Natural limestone tiling in conservatory and bathrooms.
• 2 double garages finished to residential standard (one with programmable underfloor heating).
• Automated garage doors.
• Mains pressure hot water system.
• Gardens with extensive 4,500 sq ft paved terrace and low energy security lighting.
• Automated entrance gates with video intercom.
Set in an excellent location on the edge of the village, tucked away from main roads. Oakhill is a Somerset village within easy reach of both Bristol (18 miles) and Bath (16 miles), near the beautiful Cathedral City of Wells (6 miles). Situated in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Oakhill is typical of the picturesque Somerset villages on the fringes of the Mendip Hills where the landscape has changed little over the centuries.
Bristol International Airport is 17 miles away, offering national and international flights. A fast train service runs to London Paddington from either Bath (16 miles north) or Castle Cary (11 miles south) with journeys both taking approx 90 minutes. There are several exceptional independent schools nearby, including Wells Cathedral School, Millfield, Downside Abbey, Warminster, Sherborne and St Mary’s Shaftesbury, plus those in Bath, nearby Bruton and Bristol.
Providing excellent accommodation for modern day family living and entertaining.
Entrance hall - Mahogany double doors leading to handmade oak staricase with galleried landing and electric roof lights.
Lounge - 23 ft with Italian marble fireplace, surround sound, patio doors leading to terrace, full height picture window and double doors leading to sitting room.
Dining Room / Conservatory - Natural limestone floor and double doors leading to terrace.
Kitchen - Beech units and granite worktops, rear door to terrace.
Utility room - Beech units and granite worktops.
Cinema / Games room - 24ft with vaulted roof, 4 electric roof lights, HD projector with 84" electric screen, Dolby surround sound, full size snooker table.
Study - feature bay window.
Sitting room - feature bay window, connecting double doors through to lounge.
Downstairs cloakroom - natural limestone floor.
Annexe hallway - accessed from separate front door as well as internal door from sitting room.
Annexe kitchen - range of wall and base cupboards, plumbing for washing machine, dishwasher, rear door to paved terrace.
Annexe sitting room - feature bay window, double patio doors leading to paved terrace.
Annexe bedroom - fitted wardrobes.
Annexe bathroom - separate shower, jacuzzi bath.
Integral Double Garage - electric door, range of fitted cupboards, worktop, vaulted ceiling with 4 roof lights, programmable underfloor heating, ceiling speakers, loft ladder giving access to storage above.
Attached double garage - electric door, range of fitted cupboards, worktop, inset sink, loft ladder giving access to storage above.
Galleried landing - oak balustrade, remote control electric roof lights, 11 ft full width picture window.
Master bedroom - fitted wardrobes, en-suite with bath and separate shower, limestone floor, dressing area with fitted wardrobes.
Bedroom 2 - fitted wardrobes, en-suite bathroom with shower, limestone floor.
Bedroom 3 - fitted wardrobes, en-suite bathroom with shower, limestone floor.
Family bathroom - jacuzzi bath, limestone floor.
Double electric gates provide access to the walled courtyard to the front of the property which provides ample parking.
To the rear of the property is a south facing walled and paved terrace extending to c. 4,500 sq ft with power and lighting.
Beyond the terrace is the garden area extending to c. 0.5 acres.
In total the property has approximately 9.66 acres of gardens and paddocks that surround the house.
The stables are approached via a covered archway from the front courtyard.
Outside cloakroom - underfloor heating, heated towel rail.
Tack room - power, light, hot water, plumbing for washing machine.
Independent additional access to stables and paddocks via rear gated access.
Additional parking - ample room for storage/parking of large vehicles (e.g. horse lorry, tractor, motorhome)
Stable block - 4 loose boxes.
Feed room - power, light.
Hay store - power, light.
Covered archway - power, light, water.
60m x 20m all weather manege - sand, rubber and fibre mix surface.
Paddocks - fenced into several areas, in all 9.66 acres.
Services – Mains gas, sewage, water and electricity.
Super fast fibre broadband available.
Local Authority and Council Tax - Mendip District Council
Energy Performance Certificate - Rated C.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46938237.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 2599. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Settled, National. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.