5 bedroom equestrian facility for saleShepherds Walk, Headley, Epsom, KT18
- 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 4 reception rooms
- Top of range equestrian facilities & extensive range of outbuildings
- 31 stables, multiple tack/store rooms, feed/wash rooms, drying room
- 8 full size paddocks, 2 smaller paddocks & 3 day pens, sand school, horse walker & 3 field shelters
- Formal rear gardens boasting an orchard, green houses & substantial vegetable patch
- 4 ½ furlong grass & all weather gallop
- Separate self-contained 2 bedroom cottage equipped with kitchen/breakfast room & large formal lounge
- 5 garages, 32 ft. games room above the old Hay Barn, gymnasium & estate office
A jewel in Surrey’s crown, steeped in local history, this superbly equipped 30 acre equestrian property set within a unique and generous position on the fringes of Ashtead Village and Epsom Downs. Thirty Acre Barn offers a rare mix of superb residential accommodation together with first class equestrian facilities and outbuildings, as well as enjoying a delightful rural location with a high degree of tranquillity in amongst glorious rolling countryside.
The spacious main house offers 5 bedrooms and 4 reception rooms arranged over two floors and is very well presented with good proportioned rooms throughout. Benefiting from high specification fittings and attractive period features, this home provides excellent modern family accommodation with wonderful entertaining space including a formal dining room with servery, beautiful lounge with large open fireplace and a vaulted ceiling family room. There is also a wonderful reception hallway, separate morning room and garden room. Most of the 5 bedrooms benefit from fabulous views over the open countryside. The stunning kitchen/breakfast room boasts granite work surfaces, a central island, an AGA, adjoining boot/utility room and second utility room.
This characterful property is thoughtfully detached from the equestrian yard and has several acres of beautiful landscaped formal gardens to the rear boasting an orchard, green houses and substantial vegetable patch. A self-contained, separate 2 bedroom cottage is equipped with its own kitchen/breakfast room and large formal lounge. Furthermore, there is a large 32 ft. games room located in a wonderfully converted Hay Barn, as well as a gymnasium and an estate office with WC facilities.
The equestrian facilities and outbuildings provide a top of the range amenities; the yard has until very recently been run as a racing/training yard, but it would easily lend itself to a range of equine uses. A particular feature is the 4 ½ furlong grass and an all weather gallop whilst it also includes 31 stables, multiple store/tack rooms and workshops, drying room, 5 garages and well as a covered horse box shelter. There are 8 full size paddocks, 2 smaller paddocks and 3 day pens as well as a sand school, horse walker and 3 field shelters. There are multiple entrances to the estate, as well as vehicle and car parking areas.
The property is approached through electric gates along a private driveway, past one set of garages, where the house sits proudly in its own courtyard. There are 5 garages and several attractive outbuildings situated adjacent to the main house. The formal gardens are well stocked, whilst attractive hedging ensures it remains very private regardless of the activity at the yard.
Thirty Acre Barn is a prestigious imposing family residence, in a highly sought after location that can only be described as an oasis. There is convenient access to the M25 motorway, Heathrow and Gatwick airports whilst it is about 10 mins. to the mainline station at Epsom with direct routes to London Waterloo, Victoria and London Bridge. Ashtead village offers convenient local shopping, with larger centres in nearby Epsom, Dorking, Reigate and Guildford.
The area is well served with both state and independent schools for all ages including Epsom College, The City of London Freemen's School, Downsend School and St John's Leatherhead. The area also provides excellent sporting and leisure facilities including racing at Epsom and championship golf at Kingswood, Walton Heath, Tyrrells Wood and the nearby RAC Country Club. Excellent walks are accessed from the adjacent bridle paths that lead to Epsom Downs, Headley Heath, Walton Heath, Tyrells Wood and the surrounding area.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-47235684.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4639056. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Kennedys, Tadworth- Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.