5 bedroom detached house for saleGreat Ninevah Oast, Nineveh Lane, Cranbrook
Offers in Excess of
- A delightful oast conversion on a private lane in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Over 3,700 square feet of extremely well-presented living accommodation.
- 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 4 receptions, utility room and boot room.
- Attractive exposed brickwork, original oak flooring/beams and vaulted ceilings.
- Enclosed 1-acre garden, beautifully landscaped with terraces for al-fresco entertaining.
- 4-acre paddock leading to large pond with wooden jetty and woodland.
- 15,000 sq ft riding school previously owned by Benenden Girls School.
- Wooden triple-bay garage with separate tractor store.
- Location within the sought-after Cranbrook School catchment area.
- Lovely rural setting yet with the market town of Cranbrook only a short drive.
A stunningly beautiful, detached 5-bedroom oast house enjoying an idyllic country setting and within the Cranbrook School catchment area. Converted in 1998 by conscientious tradesmen who reclaimed and reused all the original oak, this is a truly wonderful home which must be seen to fully appreciate its character and charm.
All the farm's outbuildings underwent a tasteful conversion in 1998, creating four unique residential dwellings all accessed via a private lane off Nineveh Lane. Great Nineveh Oast owns the access lane, with the neighbouring properties having right of way. Each property contributes towards a management fund covering the maintenance of the lane which is administered by the owners of the oast.
Great Nineveh Oast is under 3 miles from the bustling market town of Cranbrook which offers comprehensive shopping, sport and leisure facilities. Staplehurst, with plentiful parking and a regular train service to Central London, is approximately 9 miles to the north and the thriving town of Tenterden is only 7 miles distant. The property is within the Cranbrook Grammar School catchment area and is also within easy reach of the many excellent independent schools in the locality including St Ronan's, Dulwich Preparatory School and Marlborough House. The property offers easy access to the lovely south coast beaches and interesting historical towns like Rye, Tunbridge Wells, Battle and Hastings, and excellent countryside attractions, including Bedgebury National Pinetum, Bewl Water reservoir and historical houses and gardens.
From our offices on The Pantiles in Tunbridge Wells, follow the signs to the A21 and head south. At a large roundabout, take the A262 towards Goudhurst and continue through the village. Turn right onto Glassenbury Road and follow this road right to the t-junction at the end. Turn left onto Hartley Road, and then almost immediately right into Swattenden Lane. Continue on this lane, turning right at the signpost marked Nineveh. Continue along Nineveh Lane until you see a sign on your left for Great Nineveh, private lane. Continue to the top of this lane and the oast house is on your left hand side.
A beautiful property under 3 miles from Cranbrook and within the Cranbrook School catchment area. Arranged over 2 floors, the design of this fabulous conversion has created a wonderful flow of accommodation offering 5 double bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 4 reception rooms and separate utility and boot rooms. This incredibly spacious oast house is full of character with 4 large roundel rooms, vaulted ceilings, exposed brickwork and original oak beams throughout. Set within a stunning 1-acre plot, this lovely home also benefits from a 4-acre paddock and an impressive 15,000 sq ft menage.
The entrance hall offers a first glimpse of the beautiful oak floorboards that run throughout the ground floor of this substantial property. The vaulted ceilings, beams and exposed brickwork on the roundels create a most impressive hallway. The two roundels are currently used as family rooms, and the carpeted study provides access to the generous boot room with external door to the rear. The substantial 23' drawing room enjoys an inglenook brick fireplace with wood burner and the charming kitchen benefits from a 4-oven AGA, stylish grey cabinetry, butlers sink and granite worktops. A large utility room, also with external access and a guest cloakroom/WC, complete the ground floor accommodation of this wonderful home. An oak staircase leads from hallway up to the galleried landing, where the exposed brick roundels feature once more ? a reminder of the remarkable history attached to this unique property. Wooden treads lead up to each roundel, which are currently used as...
This lovely home enjoys a beautiful setting within the Kent countryside, sitting at the end of a private lane, with a secure, electrically operated 5-bar gate to access the oast. The 1-acre garden is surrounded by established hedgerows and a 600-yr old oak tree takes centre stage on the lower lawn. The upper garden houses a well, a terraced area perfect for al-fresco entertaining / relaxing, a large wooden playhouse with a garden shed and a raised vegetable patch. There is also a generous, fully enclosed south-facing terraced area outside the kitchen and drawing room. A 4-acre paddock can be found to the front of the oast which leads to private stretch of woodland and a pond with wooden jetty, all within the property boundary. At the top of the paddock sits an impressive 15,000 sq ft menage, and a triple-bay wooden garage with a separate tractor store.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 7573675. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Maddisons Residential Ltd, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.