4 bedroom detached house for saleSmarden, Ashford, Kent
Offers in Excess of
- Grade II Listed Wealden Hall
- Retains Many Original Features
- Two Receptions Rooms
- Study, Utility Room, Cloakroom And Boiler Room
- Farmhouse Style Kitchen/Diner
- Four Bedrooms
- Two Bathrooms
- Gardens And Ground Of 2.5acres
- Listed Two Storey Barn (Potential To Develop Subject To Planning Permission)
- Listed Pound in Front Garden
Forming part of Kent's historic landscape and rumoured to be the oldest house in The Village with parts believed to date back to circa 1485. Ash Farm is a Grade II listed Wealden Hall house that exudes charm and character. It retains many original features from wood panelling, red brick floors, exposed beams and a stunning Inglenook fireplace.
The property is arranged over three floors, offers flexible family accommodation and has been sympathetically restored.
To the ground floor the accommodation consists of large entrance hall, a drawing room with wood panelling and inglenook fireplace, a family room with log burner which leads onto a study, a farmhouse style kitchen/diner, large utility room, boiler room and downstairs cloakroom. To the first floor there are two double bedrooms and one single, two bathrooms and a dressing area. To the second floor there is a split level double bedroom and a large storage room.
The property sits within a generous 2.5 acre plot which is split into two paddocks and a lovely garden which is mainly laid to lawn with flower beds and an enclosed listed pound to the front of the property.
The property is approached via an electric five bar wooden gate with a driveway that leads to ample off road parking and a detached listed two storey barn which is currently used for storage (potential to develop subject to planning permission).
Smarden has an abundance of lovely timber framed houses, many of which are listed. The medieval Church is called the Barn of Kent due to its wide scissor-beamed roof, which amazingly is not supported by any pillars. In the church hangs a copy of the Charter, first granted by Edward III and endorsed by Elizabeth I, giving permission to hold a weekly market and an annual fair. The Village has a community spirit with lots of local activities and can still boast a local Post office, Butchers and several notable Country Inns as well as the local Primary School. The pretty Village of Headcorn (some 3 miles) has a varied selection of individual shops including Sainsbury's and a Mainline Station providing fast links to central London. For a more comprehensive range of shopping and leisure facilities the town of Tenterden (some 7 miles) provides a good variety of shops along its tree lined High Street including a Waitrose Supermarket and a Tesco Superstore.
Ashford (some 10 miles away) is a much larger Town where there are lots of national chain stores and a much praised Designer Outlet. The new high speed rail link to London from Ashford International takes only 38 minutes.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-47446732.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 100431000398. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Tenterden. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.