19 bedroom character property for saleBeamsmoor, Garsdale Road, Sedbergh, LA10 5JN
Withdrawn from Market
- Large Victorian 5 bedroom with 3 extensions adding to total 19 bedrooms
- 19 bedrooms some en-suite, 4 bathrooms
- 4 reception including Lounge, dining, quiet room and Garden room.
- Gas central heating throughout from 2 boilers with some underfloor heating
- Stone built and slated majority, some flat roof
- Parking and small gardens
- Former Elderly persons home and Childrens Home
- Lease in place for Childrens Home to 2021 - Freehold is possible on sale
- Potential use as Home with Self catering units subject to Planning Permission
- Needs fully fitting out to new requirements
Large 5 bedroomed Victorian (1879) house with substantial extensions added over a period of 50 years.
From a private house with (1960's single storey) office attached, this house has been converted firstly (1982) into a Home for the Elderly through to 2003 and then had Planning permission for a Children's Home since 2006.
Subject to a 15 year lease granted in June 2006 for operation as a Childrens Home, the owners / vendors are offering the property for sale either with lease in place or freehold subject to the current owner obtaining vacant possession. All possibilities are open for discussion.
The property was someway through partial conversion and upgrading but has more recently benefitted from some repairs to the building fabric to maintain it's readiness for adapting to future use. There are a number of alternative uses that might spring to mind subject to Planning Approval.
It is a superb and efficiently laid out and designed property that will lend itself to many potential uses, not least the hospitality trade that is growing in Sedbergh - an increasingly popular historic market town in the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
If you have designs on a Country House Hotel or maybe a house with some private letting / holiday accommodation for an income, then please call the agent now to meet and discuss.
Similar large properties within a stones throw would most probably be marketed at over £800,000 and nearer to a million so this property offers a fabulous opportunity for that someone wanting to put their own personality into a property without paying for someone else's investment that may not have matched their own.
I would urge you to call now to find out the full story of this property and see if it's the one that will carry your dream forward and be lucky enough to help you with your future plans.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 7638333. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Cobble Country Property, Sedbergh. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.