2 bedroom semi-detached house for saleRedcliffe Street, Cheddar, Somerset, BS27
- Stone Built Cottage
- Sitting Room with Woodburner
- Dining Room
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Utility Room
- Ground Floor Bathroom
- Two First Floor Double Bedrooms
- Solid oak double glazed front door and windows
- Gas Fired Central Heating
- Courtyard Garden or Parking
A CHARACTER COTTAGE on the edge of the village, thought to date back to the late 18th century, offering TWO DOUBLE BEDROOMS and TWO RECEPTION ROOMS. Outside the front door a SOUTH FACING secluded sun trap, and only 100 yards from OPEN COUNTRYSIDE and country walks.
Its so quiet you can hear the blackbirds singing ! Set in a quiet rural location with little passing traffic, Ivy Cottage nestles on the edge of Cheddar village close to countryside walks, but is still only a short stroll (5 minutes) to an excellent Sainsburys supermarket and the village centre. Tastefully restored, this cottage oozes charm and character with flagstone floors, timber beams and a wood-burning stove. A viewing appointment is highly recommended to truly appreciate this lovely property.
Situated at the foot of the Mendip Hills, Cheddar is an ideal base from which to enjoy wonderful country walks. Road links are excellent, with easy access to the A38. Bristol is only 30 minutes away and the M5 motorway approximately 20 minutes. Public transport is well represented with a bus service passing through the village every hour linking Cheddar with Axbridge, Weston Super Mare and Wells. Bristol International Airport is 25 minutes away. Please note, the village is not under the flight path therefore aircraft noise is not a consideration for residents. Local attractions include Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole Caves, Glastonbury Tor and the seaside at Weston Super Mare.
The village itself has a wide range of shops to cater for everyday needs, banks, a building society and a Post Office as well as doctor and dentist surgeries. There is a three-tier school system where children up to the age of nine attend the First School, then move on to Fairlands Middle School and finally on to The Kings of Wessex Academy and all these schools are within the village. The Kings Fitness and Leisure Centre adjoining the Kings of Wessex Academy offers an extensive range of activities for all the family and has an indoor heated swimming pool. There are also a number of village sports clubs and societies to cater for everyone.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48521535.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CHD150306. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by CJ Hole, Cheddar. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.