7 bedroom detached house for saleMeeks Park, Alloa
- 6/7 bedroom equestrian property for sale
- Good range of agricultural buildings including 16 stables
- Indoor and outdoor riding area offering excellent equestrian business opportunity
- 88 acres including 40 acres of paddock
- Semi-rural location
- Close to local amenities and access to commuter links across Central Scotland
- Equestrian property mlc 74/291/0034
- Viewing highly advised
Henderson Roche are delighted to bring to the market, Meeks Park.
Meeks Park, near Forestmill, is a small Scottish Estate comprising of:
• A spacious detached family home of over 3,000 square feet with 6 bedrooms; 2 bathrooms; 22 foot kitchen diner with AGA; sauna; and three receptions rooms – two with magnificent fireplaces and the third being a 32 foot upper level sun room with spectacular views and two balconies. There is also an additional fully boarded 900 square foot loft space with lighting and heating.
• A further self-contained annexe with connecting door to the main house providing a lounge, 1 bedroom, kitchen and bathroom – ideal for relatives or an on-site groom for horses.
• Two American barn stable blocks – block one, nearest the house comprises of four large stables and a double sized foaling box. Stable block 2 comprises of eight large Monarch stables mostly 12 x 12 plus a pony stall with upper level tack room and downstairs toilet and washroom. A further two very large stables are set in the extension to stable block 2 giving 16 stables in total.
• A large barn closest to the house with electric shutter door and three access doors serves as a garage that can easily accommodate five cars or a combination of cars and horse boxes and also includes a lockable downstairs room; a separate area for storage and a sizeable upper level.
• Indoor school with lighting and mirror open to one side.
• Outdoor ménage
• Courtyard with parking for numerous vehicles, horse boxes and deliveries.
• 40 acres of paddocks fully fenced and divided into ten fields with flexible access and water troughs.
• 48 acres of woodland with wonderful trails for riding and walking.
The property is accessed via an iron-gated 600 foot long driveway with lighting that leads up to the rear and front of the house via a circular drive and there is parking for numerous vehicles
The current owners have made many improvements to the property since they purchased in 2007, including creating a covered porch area to the entrance to the main house and renovating the kitchen with a new floor, units and installing an aga.
Other upgrades to the outbuildings and plot were the 16 stables, including a foaling box, indoor and outdoor schools, the installation of outdoor lighting, and all the fencing surrounding the property. The owners also enlarged the plot by purchasing a sizeable volume of woodland in the region of 48 acres which extends to the north and east of the property.
Standing completely detached and in a semi-rural location, Meeks Park is less than 3 miles from the village of Dollar – a 10 minute drive - where a good range of amenities and schooling can be found. The road to Kincardine & Clackmannanshire Bridges is less than half a mile away and offers easy access to links across Scotland.
The current owners have operated the property as a stud farm breeding horses and also undertaken liveries and in the past leased part of the property for sheep and cattle grazing so there is the opportunity to easily generate an income of over £20,000 per annum from the property if desired and as a working equestrian property has a farm code mlc 74/291/0034 which means there will be a beneficial LBTT.
The house, originally built in 1975, is accessed via the aforementioned porch area in to a welcoming reception hallway giving access to the main rooms on the ground floor including a spacious lounge with baronial stone fireplace, dining room with another working fireplace, breakfasting kitchen and utility, all offering flexible family living. A short corridor leads to the bathroom, with sauna and sunken shower, boot room and a self-contained annexe with its own front door access gives further living accommodation of lounge, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.
Returning to the entrance hallway the staircase rises to the first floor where all 6 bedrooms are found, along with a spectacular 32 foot sunroom with two balconies providing the most beautiful views across surrounding countryside.
The current owners bought the property for £802,000 in 2007 and acquired the woodland for around £100,000 in 2014 and have spent a further £70,000 improving the property which has included the porch extension, the kitchen renovation and aga, gates and lighting to the drive, creation of the stable complex with all 16 stables and toilet/washroom and tack room, indoor and outdoor arenas and all the fencing to the paddocks.
The property is registered with a farm code mlc 74/291/0034
Read more at https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/45370876#3pkYLKOuh1Om4wSU.99
Council Tax Band: H
EPC Rating: E
Viewings are advised and are strictly by appointment only via Henderson Roche Sales & Lettings
IMPORTANT NOTE TO PURCHASERS: We endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, however, they do not constitute or form part of an offer or any contract and none is to be relied upon as statements of representation or fact. Any services, systems and appliances listed in this specification have not been tested by us and no guarantee as to their operating ability or efficiency is given. All measurements have been taken as a guide to prospective buyers only, and are not precise. Fixtures and fittings other than those mentioned are to be agreed with the seller.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48523089.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TAW1001054. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by HENDERSON ROCHE, Dollar. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.