11 bedroom equestrian facility for saleAlfold Road, Dunsfold, Godalming, Surrey, GU8
- Small country estate
- Reception hall, 4 main formal reception rooms, study
- Magnificent kitchen/breakfast/family room, laundry, boot room, utility
- Large main bedroom suite, 6 further bedrooms, 2 further bathrooms
- Separate games room and gym, extensive garages
- Two excellent 2 bedroom cottages
- Extensive outbuildings, stabling, swimming pool and tennis court
- Beautiful gardens, grounds, woodland and paddocks - about 50 acres
One of Surrey’s most attractive small estates, incorporating a beautifully appointed country house with two secondary cottages, equestrian facilities, extensive outbuildings all in about 50 acres.
Barnfield, which has been beautifully refurbished, is believed to date back from the 16th century, but the existing house was largely constructed in the 19th century and was built in the traditional Surrey/Sussex style, being characterised by heavy oak timber with brick in fills, part hanging tile elevations, all under a clay tiled roof. It has been tastefully refurbished and retains its Tudor flavour of inglenooks and polished beams, floor boards and carved staircase.
The drawing room is particularly fine. A magnificent kitchen/breakfast room with family sitting area is the heart of the house, with home office adjacent. The dining room is very atmospheric with beamed ceiling. The ground floor is completed with a sitting room and separate study. The first floor enjoys a fabulous principle suite, comprising bedroom, large bathroom and dressing room. There are five/six further bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The house is approached via an electric double gated entrance and sweeping gravelled driveway leading to spacious parking area and turning circle.
The Grounds & Gardens
The magnificent gardens and grounds that surround the house are well established and contain a wealth of mature shrubs and plants. To one side of the house lies a croquet lawn with a summer house and an apple orchard which, in Spring, is carpeted with daffodils. On the other side of the house is a large terrace and approached by Yorkstone pathways is the swimming pool area and changing room. Below the pool area and through a laurel hedge are two greenhouses together with various timber stores and pool boiler house. There is also an all-weather tennis court and vegetable garden. The garden gives way to a mature woodland of Oak, Birch, Beech and flowering Cherry trees which in Spring is transformed by bluebells. Beyond the formal gardens, to the East, grazing and pasture land is arranged as well fenced paddocks. In addition to the main house there are two excellent cottages, extensive outbuildings and garaging.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48699444.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference GUI170406. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Grantley, Guildford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.