5 bedroom detached house for saleLangham, Colchester, CO4
- Grade two listed home measuring 2479 square feet.
- Renovated throughout including the thatch and ridge.
- 20 x 12-foot detached office - ideal to work-from-home.
- On a quiet country lane with little traffic.
- Short walk to shop, school and an excellent pub.
- Half-an-acre of private south-facing garden.
- Five bedrooms, three bath/shower rooms.
- Two double garages and ample parking.
This beautifully renovated listed home makes the most of its peaceful Dedham Vale location with a combination of historic attractiveness and practicality.
The house is brilliantly positioned just a short walk from Langham’s community shop, primary school and pub/restaurant whilst almost every room includes period features such as studwork and beams, exposed red bricks, impressive oak floorboards, characterful staircases, lead windows and inglenook chimneys.
Three reception rooms are found on the ground floor. The well-proportioned sitting room has a duel aspect, a recess for a television and a log burner. The adjacent dining room has a large inglenook with a log burner and space for a good-sized dining table.
The kitchen features granite surfaces, a butler’s sink, an electric range and solid bespoke units. It overlooks the rear garden and provides access to the breakfast room, a pantry and a delightful conservatory. Other ground floor accommodation includes a WC and a tastefully renovated bathroom that includes a cubicle shower and a freestanding roll-top bath.
There are four bedrooms on the first floor which are accessed via three staircases. Two of these rooms have their own en-suite shower rooms. A fifth bedroom sits alone on the top floor.
The Garden & Outbuildings
A significant asset is the office which is detached from the main property above one of the double garages. This is ideal for those who work from home and there is ample space for two desks and plenty of extra storage.
The plot totals just over half-an-acre (sts) and faces south for all-day sun in the summer. A footpath runs to the front of the property (between the house and its second garage) and this provides ongoing access to a network of footpaths throughout the Dedham Vale.
The rear garden is totally private and secured for pets. It includes a wide variety of trees and shrubs arranged among various beds and along the boundaries. A segregated area is ideal for gardeners looking grow produce and there is also a brick built garden store.
At the front, there is a parking area that can accommodate several vehicles and a second double garage. Beneath the property there is a cellar.
The house is found on Greyhound Hill in the village of Langham in north Essex, close to the border with Suffolk. The main attractions of this active village have already been described but the house enjoys excellent access to both the A12 and Colchester mainline station (City-of-London 55 minutes).
Points to note
We understand the property is connected to mains water, electric and drainage. It has its own private oil-fired heating system.
Before booking a viewing of any Bloomfield Grey instruction, we suggest that buyers view its full online details including the street-view representation, the site map, the satellite view and the floor plan. If you have any questions, then please contact Bloomfield Grey.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-49065273.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 201445S. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bloomfield Grey, Colchester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.