Land for saleStrashleigh Farmhouse & Buildings, Ivybridge - Lot 1
Withdrawn from Market
- Grade II listed farmhouse and annexe
- Grade II listed 16/17th Century large stone barn
- Further range of stone barns (not listed)
- potential for conversion (subject to planning)
- Standing in a total of some 5.90 acres (2.99 hectares)
- Range of modern agricultural buildings
- Further modern agricultural building and land available in two separate lots.
DIRECTIONS From Ivybridge, join the A38 dual carriageway expressway heading towards Plymouth and take the first available left after the Endsleigh/Wyevale Centre, signposted Westlake/Hunsdon. Proceed along this road for about 200 yards and bear around to the right. Continue straight ahead (not up the hill) onto Warren Lane, which leads into Strashleigh Farmhouse and buildings.
SITUATION Strashleigh Farmhouse and buildings is situated approximately 10 miles east of the city of Plymouth and 2½ miles west of the town of Ivybridge, lying immediately to the south of the A38 dual carriageway expressway (connecting to the M5 motorway and national road network), opposite Lee Mill industrial estate.
Ivybridge is a vibrant, friendly community in the beautiful South Hams, nestling on the southern edge of Dartmoor. The town centre is little more than half a mile away and there can be found a comprehensive range of shops and other businesses. The Watermark Centre is a flagship cultural and business centre in the heart of Ivybridge. It is home to a cinema and theatre space, conference and banqueting facilities with bar, new state-of-the-art library, IT suite, community information resources, coffee shop plus business units for rent and an on-site business support service. The town has several primary schools and a very well respected Community College. Within the town are numerous clubs and societies catering for a wide variety of interests and opportunities to participate in many sports including football, rugby, cricket and tennis. The South Devon Leisure Centre provides indoor and outdoor swimming pools, squash courts and gymnasium.
LOT 1 5.90 acres (2.99 hectares) (outlined in red)
The farmhouse (including the annex) and 16/17th Century large stone barn are both individually and separately listed (the other stone barns are not listed), all of which form a central group and are surrounded by a number of modern agricultural buildings and structures.
Believed to be constructed of rendered solid stone walls, under a slate roof, the farmhouse extends to a total of approximately 245 square metres (2,642 square feet) and by reference to the floor plan, forming part of these sales particulars, comprises the following accommodation:-
OUTSIDE Entrance drive, car port and store building on the east side of the farmhouse, with garden area on the north and west sides, yard area, some small outbuildings, stone barns and modern farm buildings on south side.
ANNEXE Attached to the western elevation of the farmhouse is an annexe, which extends to approximately 45 square metres (484 square feet) and comprises the following accommodation (see floorplan) :-
OPEN PLAN KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING ROOM
SERVICES Mains water, electricity and private septic tank drainage. Oil fired central heating.
COUNCIL TAX The farmhouse is in Council Tax Band C. The amount payable for 2017/18 - £1,592.19.
The annexe is in Council Tax Band A. The amount payable for 2017/18 - £1,194.14.
TRADITIONAL STONE BARNS (approximate internal floor areas shown below)
Offering significant potential for change of use, subject to obtaining planning consent.
For reference purposes, the numbering of the barns (and modern farm buildings) below, correspond to the annotated site plan :-
1. Large Barn Grade 2 listed, extending to 300.44 square metres (3,232 square feet) over two floors, excluding modern lean-to on the south elevation, but including the roundhouse section.
2. Small Barn Not listed and extending to 151.20 square metres (1,626 square feet), over two floors.
Modern Lean-to off south elevation
173 square metres (1,860 square feet)
3. The Parlour Not listed, a single storey building extending to 63.45 square metres (682 square feet)
A total therefore for the stone barns of approximately 5,530 square feet (514 square metres), over two floors, where appropriate.
MODERN FARM BUILDINGS (approximate gross external floor areas shown)
Constructed of a combination of steel, concrete and timber frame with concrete block or timber walls, with corrugated iron or plastic coated corrugated steel side cladding under corrugated iron or fibre cement roofs, the buildings (by reference to the annotated site plan) extend to a total of 28,783 square feet and can be summarised as follows:-
4. Cubicle Building 23.80m x 18.30m = 435.54 square metres (4,686 square feet)
5. Covered Yard 32.10m x 21.25m (including lean-to) = 682.12 square metres (7,339 square feet)
6. Livestock Building 30.75m x 22.90m = 704 square metres (7,576 square feet)
7. Calf Rearing Shed 19.00m x 10.65m = 202 square metres (2,177 square feet)
8. Cubicle Building 16.25m x 19.95m = 324 square metres (3,488 square feet)
9. Silage Clamp 25.00m x 40.00m = 1,000 square metres (10,760 square feet)
Note: the area for the silage clamp is not included in the overall area of 28,783 square feet for the modern farm buildings.
There is also an above ground circular slurry storage tank, which is will be removed by the seller prior to legal completion.
SERVICES Mains water and electric (single phase) are connected to some of these buildings, albeit this might need to be upgraded, depending on the proposed use.
PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY There are no public rights of way across any of the lots.
SPORTING AND MINERAL RIGHTS All sporting and mineral rights are included in the sale, as far as are known.
TECHNICAL PACK A technical pack, containing further information relating to the property is available on request from the joint sole agents.
METHOD OF SALE The property is for sale by Private Treaty.
LEGAL COMPLETION Vacant possession and legal completion will take place as soon as possible.
TENURE Freehold, with vacant possession available on legal completion.
VIEWINGS Strictly by appointment with the Joint Sole Selling Agents, Luscombe Maye of 62 Fore Street, Kingsbridge TQ7 1PP. Telephone: 01548 857474 and Stratton Creber, Farrer Court, 75 North Hill, Plymouth PL4 8HB. Telephone: 01752 670700 - Robin Falle.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 101034011132. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Luscombe Maye, Kingsbridge - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.