5 bedroom detached house for saleEast Winch Road, Ashwicken, King's Lynn
- Extended carrstone cottage
- Five bedrooms including master suite
- Stunning open plan kitchen / dining / living room
- Array of traditional features
- Plot size measuring approximately half an acre (subject to measured survey)
A unique detached house in woodlands. Beamed vaulted ceilings, contemporary open plan lounge, dining and kitchen with granite worktops and oak topped breakfast bar. Garden extends to ½ acre (sts), more available by separate negotiation. Perfect for extended families. Chain free
An extended and sympathetically converted carrstone cottage dating back to 1845 set in an attractive woodland setting. The property benefits from five bedrooms including master suite and four reception rooms with an array of traditional features including vaulted ceilings with exposed beams, exposed brick fire places with bressummer beam and two multi-fuel burning stoves.
In contrast to the 19th century wing of the house, the current owners have created a contemporary addition in the form of a large open plan bespoke fitted kitchen open to dining and lounge areas with bi-fold doors onto the paved side garden.
First hand viewing of this cottage is recommended to appreciate the wonderfully versatile accommodation on offer which would lend itself to multi-generational living or the potential to create separate annex accommodation.
Spacious reception area with stairs to first floor, tiled floor, double glazed windows, ceiling beams, exposed brickwork, wall lights, latched door to hall opening to further inner hall area. Walk in airing cupboard with hot water cylinder, radiator, slatted shelving and clothes rail.
Double glazed window to side, exposed brickwork, tiled floor, ceiling beams, wall lights, latch doors off.
Snug Sitting Room 16' 4" x 11' 11" ( 4.98m x 3.63m )
Double glazed windows, window seat to one window, multi-fuel burner inset to chimney breast with tiled hearth, wood strip flooring, television point, satellite point, CAT5e socket, wall lights, ceiling beams.
Master Bedroom Suite
Comprising bedroom, dressing room an en-suite.
Double glazed window, exposed brick work, ceiling beams, wall lights, archway through to bedroom and latch door to en-suite.
Bedroom 16' 6" x 11' 11" ( 5.03m x 3.63m )
Two double glazed windows to side, window seat to one window, wood strip flooring, feature fireplace with bressummer beam and tiled hearth, wall lights, satellite point, CAT5e socket.
Suite comprising of shower cubicle with multi jet shower and tiled splashbacks, hand wash basin to vanity unit with low flush WC with concealed cistern, shaver socket, inset spotlighting, ceiling beams, towel radiator, double glazed window, tiled floor.
Further Inner Hall
Exposed brick work, double glazed window, ceiling beams, wall lights, door to storage cupboard.
Utility Room 15' 1" x 10' 11" ( 4.60m x 3.33m )
Units at base and wall level, worktop surface, inset ceramic style sink with mixer tap over, space and plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, tiled splashbacks, double glazed window, extractor, tiled floor, oversized enamel Belfast style sink, tiled floor, stable style door to rear, inset spotlighting.
Low flush WC, double glazed window, extractor, tiled floor, hand wash basin to vanity unit.
Study 8' x 7' 6" ( 2.44m x 2.29m )
Double glazed window, ceiling beams, wood strip flooring.
Double glazed windows to front, double glazed stable style door and window to rear, tiled floor, spotlighting, access to roof space, latch door to:
Kitchen / Dining / Living Room
Open plan space.
Kitchen / Breakfast Area 20' 3" x 17' 11" ( 6.17m x 5.46m )
Units at base level with granite worktop surface inset with blanco sink with mixer tap over, space for inset Range, extractor hood over, space for American style fridge/freezer, matching central island with oak worktop surface with integral wine rack, matching breakfast bar area, double glazed window to rear, double glazed double doors to rear, inset spotlighting, tiled floor, feature exposed brickwork, double glazed door to front, double glazed window to front, opening into:
Dining Area 19' 11" x 15' 11" ( 6.07m x 4.85m )
Double glazed double doors to side, double glazed French doors to rear, stairs to first floor, under stair storage cupboard, tiled floor, inset spotlighting, satellite point, CAT5e socket, opening to:
Living Room 17' 11" x 16' 5" ( 5.46m x 5.00m )
Lofted ceiling, ceiling beams, double glazed bi-fold doors to patio, tiled floor, multi fuel burner to brick fireplace with bressummer beam and tiled hearth, satellite point, CAT5e socket.
First Floor Area One
Galleried Sitting Room 16' 2" x 12' 1" ( 4.93m x 3.68m )
Lofted ceiling with ceiling beams, double glazed windows, satellite point, CAT5e socket, wall lights, exposed brick work, double glazed velux windows, wood strip flooring, access to eaves storage, archway leading to:
Ceiling beams, lofted ceiling, wood strip flooring, latch doors off.
Panel bath, hand wash basin to vanity unit with low flush WC with concealed cistern, tiled shower cubicle with mains shower, lofted ceiling with ceiling beams, towel radiator, tiled splashbacks, double glazed window, wood strip flooring, shaver socket, extractor.
Comprising of dressing room and bedroom.
Double glazed window, lofted ceiling with ceiling beams, wood strip flooring, access to eaves storage, archway through to:
Bedroom 16' 6" x 11' 11" ( 5.03m x 3.63m )
Double glazed window wood strip flooring, lofted ceiling with ceiling beams, access to eaves storage.
Bedroom 16' 6" x 12' ( 5.03m x 3.66m )
Double glazed windows, wood strip flooring, satellite point, CAT5e socket, wall lights, wood strip flooring, lofted ceiling with ceiling beams, access to eaves storage.
First Area Two
First Floor Galleried Landing
Double glazed velux window, spotlighting, galleried landing with feature glass screen.
Reduced sized bath with mixer tap and shower hose attachment, tiled splashbacks, hand wash basin to vanity unit with low flush WC with concealed cistern, tiled splashback, shaver socket, double glazed velux window with fitted blind, wall lighting.
Bedroom 13' 5" x 9' 7" ( 4.09m x 2.92m )
Double glazed velux windows with fitted blinds, inset spotlighting, satellite point, CAT5e socket.
Bedroom 15' 6" x 13' 7" ( 4.72m x 4.14m )
Double glazed velux window with black out blinds, satellite and telephone points, access to eaves storage, inset spotlights.
The property sits on a good sized plot measuring approximately half an acre (subject to measured survey).To the front there is vehicle access to an extensive gravel parking area with flowers to borders and creeping wisteria. A gate gives access to the side patio. To the Northern side of the property there is a further gravel driveway providing vehicle access to the rear with double gates and outside boiler.
Situated to the rear is an enclosed garden which is mainly laid to lawn with a block paved entrance with canopied storm porch to the rear entrance door. Situated to the rear is a built in garden store. There is outside lighting with paving leading to an extensive patio with further outside lighting and flower beds. The property is situated in mature ground with a variety of trees and shrubs.
Agents Note - Please note that a further wooded and garden area may be available by separate negotiation.
Agents Note - The property benefits from full under floor heating with independent controls for each room, 8 independent television feeds with multiple television points and Cat5e sockets throughout the property. There is also cabling in place for a security alarm.
Ashwicken, arguably one of the most affluent areas in West Norfolk, is a quiet village situated just 3 miles east of King's Lynn. Ashwicken is home to a very well regarded primary school and All Saints Church dating back to the late 13th century. King's Lynn has The Queen Elizabeth Hospital as well as a wide range of shopping facilities and eateries. There is a direct rail link to Cambridge and London Kings Cross and a bus station which has regular services to surrounding villages and the city of Norwich. There are many scenic walking routes around Ashwicken, namely around the sailing lakes in the neighbouring hamlet of Leziate and is a short drive to The Sandringham Estate and the North Norfolk Coast with its stunning beach walks and cliff views.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-49470867.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KLN111415. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Kings Lynn. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.