Land for saleSmall Development site for 5 dwellings in Falmouth (Plus two additional dwellings STP)
Sold by Us
- Development Opportunity
- Consented site
- 5 Detached Residential Houses
- Potential For Additional Two Houses STP
- Sought After Location
AT A GLANCE Land set within the leafy district of Penmere, Flamouth. An executive development for new homes accessed via a shared private drive. The site has a commenced detailed planning permission for 5 detached dwellings. Vendor in the process of making an application for 2 further detached dwellings on adjoining land. Offers for the existing 5 plots (with a possible option on the further 2 plots).
LAND WITHIN PENMERE MANOR Atwell Martin are instructed to market this attractive unique development opportunity within the grounds of Penmere Manor, Falmouth. A development suitable for developers with a proven track record of delivering executive homes in the South West of England.
Our client has obtained planning permission for 5 Detached Dwellings with a pending application for 2 further detached dwellings and is seeking unconditional proposals on a Private Treaty basis.
LOCATION The subject land is situated within mature landscaped grounds of the Penmere Manor Hotel situated on the western part of the settlement set within mature landscape, hedgerows and trees off Mongleath Road.
Falmouth is a bustling harbourside town growing in reputation as one of the most desirable places to live in the UK. The centre boasts many high quality independent shops situated between high street stores, galleries, cafes and restaurants. The colourful Harbour is the world's third deepest natural harbour and home to the National Maritime Museum which plays host to many sailing events, transatlantic races and the Tall Ships race.
Falmouth is an expanding University town and the site is close to a popular primary school whilst Falmouth secondary school can be found within 1.5 miles on Trescobeas Road.
Penmere Rail Halt is located within 0.4 mile of the site entrance, a branch line providing access onto the neighbouring town of Penryn (University Campus) and Truro (12 miles East of Falmouth) where links to the national rail network and the A30 with links to Newquay Airport and the rest of the County.
DESCRIPTION Penmere Manor Hotel is a Grade II listed Georgian building believed to have been constructed in 1825 and first occupied by Captain John Bullock of the Falmouth Packet Service. The property as a whole has been trading as a successful hotel since 1958 and has six principle public areas, 37 en-suite letting bedrooms and a leisure club. The hotels grounds extend to approximately three acres of woodland, lawned terrace areas and a large walled garden. The later benefit a planning permission to construct two detached holiday lodges.
The land within these grounds, must be viewed to appreciate all that is on offer. Penmere is a leafy desirable residential location, situated on the Western edge of the settlement with superior communication links to the A39 road network for Truro and West Cornwall, whilst being an 18 minute walk to the South West Coastal Path at Swanpool Bay and the Blue Flag Beach at Gyllyngvase leading up and around Pendennis Point, the home of Henry VIII's historic castle. In a southerly direction the footpath leads to Maenporth Cove and on to the Helford River, with many of its tributaries and many attractions of this harbourside town are available within a 10 to 15 minute walk of the property.
It is intended that this executive development site will share the current access off Mongleath Road with the operational hotel.
The subject land as demonstrated on the plans is situated east of the Hotel complex on a lower part of the site within a private wooded enclave which will have an attractive driveway approach. The property as shown in these particulars will include a former bungalow/ laundry block on which car parking and two detached dwellings are proposed to be sited.
PLANNING The property has been the subject of a number of planning applications and benefits a detailed planning permission for 5 dwellings. A signed Section 106 agreement requiring Waste Management and Off Site POS Contributions under the original planning consent reference PA10/06309 "Demolition of existing bungalow and erection of 3 detached houses, 2 semi-detached houses and 2 holiday lodges in hotel grounds" - granted 23 August 2011. An application reference PA14/05579 "Submission of details to discharge Conditions 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13 and 14 in respect of PA10/06309" was approved on 12th August 2014 enabling a site start which has commenced and the Section 106 Contributions in this respect have been paid. A further application granted on 20 May 2016 ref: PA16/02891 changed the previously approved PA10/06309 dwelling mix from a pair of semi-detached dwellings to two detached houses.
PROPOSAL Atwell Martin are seeking offers for the site on an unconditional basis for the consented units. An element of conditionality relating to the further two plots will be considered as part of a comprehensive offer for the whole.
An information pack containing the following details is available upon request;
1. Site & Title plan
2. Planning Drawings & Submission documents
3. Planning Permissions & Legal Agreement
4. Site Survey - Topographical & Site Investigation
5. Utility Plant
6. Site Photographs
SERVICES Prospective purchasers should make and rely upon their own enquiries regarding servicing the proposed development. The Hotels existing private foul sewer runs through the site connecting into mains drainage within Boslowick Road a general plan indicating the route is shown on the planning submission drawings. Surface water percolation results can be assessed within the Site Investigation report and given the operational hotel and surrounding built environment all mains services are available within the vicinity of the site.
VIEWING ARRANGEMENTS For an appointment to view or to receive further information please contact the sole agent, Mark Copleston or Andrew Bullivant at Atwell Martin on 01752 202121. No direct approach may be made to the business.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ON PURCHASE 1. Development to be carried out in accordance with the approved drawings under planning
permission Ref. PA10/06309. Any amendments to the proposed plans to require the prior
approval of the vendors, not to be unreasonably withheld.
2. Major site deliveries during construction to be restricted to the hours of 10am to 4pm,
unless previously mutually agreed for special circumstances.
3. The existing hotel driveway to the proposed site is to be kept clean throughout the
development and any damage to the driveway to be made-good prior to completion of
4. A maintenance agreement for each of the properties with an annual
contribution (tba) towards maintenance of the driveway.
5. Rights of access over the driveway to be granted to the new properties only.
6. Site working hours to be restricted to Monday to Saturday 8am to 5pm only.
7. No boats, caravans or commercial vehicles to be parked on the driveways or roadways of
the finished site.
8. Following commencement of development purchaser to ensure completion of units within a penalised long-stop date of 2 years.
9. Vendors to have qualified approval of positioning and design of sales boards or signage for house sales.
10. Mutual easement agreement to be provided for connecting to existing foul drainage (assuming adequate capacity and approval from South West Water). Positioning to be agreed with vendors.
11. The purchaser will not be permitted to sell off individual building plots.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-49778727.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 101304003906. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Atwell Martin, Plymouth. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.