4 bedroom barn conversion for saleKilmington, Axminster, Devon
- Vaulted and galleried hallway, sitting room with woodburner and ground floor bedroom/snug.
- Well fitted kitchen/breakfast room, utility room and cloakroom.
- Three first floor bedrooms, one en-suite and family bathroom.
- Contemporary holiday cottage comprising: living room with kitchenette, two bedrooms, bathroom and en-suite shower room.
- Games room and useful range of outbuildings including a large modern barn of approx. 59' x 64'.
- Gardens, grounds and paddocks of about 3.9 acres.
A stunning and beautifully presented detached barn conversion with a two-bedroom holiday cottage, extensive range of outbuildings and approaching 4 acres of gardens, grounds and paddocks.
Studhayes Barn is a particularly attractive Grade II residence which was converted in the early 2000's from the former barns, including a threshing barn, in connection with Studhayes Farm.
It has beautifully presented accommodation of quality which has been designed in a way so as to make the most of the light and the country outlook, and it blends the traditional features one would expect with an old barn with all the conveniences of modern day living.
There has been an extensive use of oak in the doors and flooring, and you have replicated some period features such as the large inglenook style fireplace in the sitting room with its plank and muntin screen, as well as many exposed timbers and 'A' frames to the first floor. Worthy of particular mention is the exceptionally light sitting room which benefits from two large windows, formerly the doors of the threshing barn, and this has an enormous brick fireplace with a woodburner. The kitchen/breakfast room is also worthy of note and this has been beautifully fitted with an extensive range of units under granite work surfaces.
The accommodation is also adaptable and there is potential for a ground floor bedroom which also has an adjoining utility room, which with very little alteration, could become self-contained as there is a door to the outside. To the first floor there are three bedrooms the principal of which is a superb large room with luxury en-suite shower room.
A superb feature of Studhayes Barn is The Dairy, which forms part of the buildings around the courtyard, and this is a very stylish holiday cottage with simply stunning accommodation which has a contemporary edge. This provides a useful income for the current owners and it has received a high level of repeat business.
The Dairy adds a great deal of adaptability to Studhayes Barn and is perfect for those looking for a lifestyle change/hobby business.
Gardens, Grounds & Outbuildings.
The property is approached over a driveway which sweeps past the house to a huge parking area which was the former farmyard. Adjacent to this is The Dairy and this is attached to a further barn which incorporates a large games room and a laundry room (also connected to the holiday cottage), as well as the garaging which has two sets of electric doors. To the north is a large modern agricultural building which has a wide variety of uses, whilst to the side of this is access into a small paddock which could have potential as a glamping site and where there is a helipad.
The gardens surrounding the property itself have been beautifully landscaped and comprise a paved and gravelled terrace with lawns which are interspersed with a variety of shrubs and trees. There is also a fabulous detached barbeque lodge. This area of the garden has views over the paddock which stretches up to the A35.
There is also a lower area of garden which is particularly secluded and comprises a level area of lawn with summerhouse and a pergola clad in a beautiful vine. There are two areas of paddock and the gardens and grounds take advantage of some beautiful far reaching views over the Corry Valley. In total the gardens and grounds extend to about 3.9 acres.
From our office in Honiton, proceed out of the town on the A35 and carry on towards Axminster. After approximately 6 miles, pass the Starbucks and car garage at Shute Pillars and continue along this road and around a sharp right hand bend. Pass lay-bys on your right and left and take the next sharp left hand turning. Follow this lane for a few hundred yards where Studhayes Barn will be found on your left hand side.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HON170142. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, Honiton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.