6 bedroom detached house for saleYewlands, Hoddesdon
- Detached Character House Circa 1907
- Originally Built For The Barclay Family
- Prestigious Location
- Stunning Gardens Of Approx 1/3rd Of An Acre
- Six Bedrooms
- Three Bathrooms
- Four Reception Rooms
- Kitchen Breakfast & Pantry
- Detached Garage & Parking
'The Rookery' is a very attractive double fronted detached house with tremendous character built circa 1907 neatly tucked away at the end of Hoddesdon's most prestigious residential location. This fabulous home was built for the well renowned Barclay Family and is undoubtedly one of the landmark properties in this prime residential no-through road. The accommodation is immaculately presented throughout and arranged over three floors with exceptionally spacious rooms full of character features to include tall sash windows, 'Parquet' flooring, decorative cornicing and fireplaces. The ground floor comprises of three generous Reception Rooms, a recently added Conservatory, Kitchen Breakfast Room, Large Utility/Pantry and a Ground floor Cloakroom and wc. The first floor comprises of Four Double Bedrooms and Three Bathrooms (1 En-suite) and the top floor comprises of Two Double Bedrooms, Study and a Store Room. The property also offers huge potential to extend and alter the layout should an incoming purchaser wish to do so which would create a truly stunning home. The top floor, if knocked through, would create a fabulous Master Bedroom Suite and the Kitchen Breakfast Room could be extended to create a lovely Kitchen/Family Room overlooking the gardens. The property occupies an overall plot of approximately 1/3rd of an acre with a delightful secluded rear garden which is well established with an abundance of mature trees, bushes, plants and shrubs along with a vegetable area and various fruit trees. The front garden is attractively planted with various bushes and shrubs with the remainder being gravelled to provide parking for numerous vehicles, which extends down the side of the house leading to the detached garage. Yewlands is conveniently placed on the edge of Hoddesdon Town Centre which has an abundance of shops, cafe's, bars and restaurants. Broxbourne Railway Station (London Liverpool Street) is approximately 1 mile by car or approximately 15 minutes walk along the New River.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-50075982.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference REY0000518. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Reynolds Salter , Broxbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.