2 bedroom end of terrace house for saleBarrack Row, Durweston, Blandford Forum, Dorset
- Charming Period End ofTerrace Cottage in Centre of Village
- One Reception Room with Inglenook Fireplace
- Two Double Bedrooms and Family Bathroom
- Pretty Garden
- Single Garage and Off Road Parking
- Gas Fired Central Heating
May Cottage, 40 Barrack Row is one of seven terraced properties of brick elevations beneath a tiled roof, built in the 1820's; being part of the Bryanston Estate which came into the hands of the Portman family in the 1770's. Lord Portman built the Row for returning soldiers who had fought during the Napoleonic Wars. It is hard to imagine these 7 dwellings containing two families each as they did in the 1840's and 50's.
An end of terrace property with enormous charm and character and surprisingly spacious with period features including exposed ceiling timbers and inglenook fireplace. The entrance porch leads to a comfortable sitting room with parquet flooring, brick inglenook fireplace with tiled hearth and remnants of the old bread oven. Doorway through to kitchen with fitted floor and wall units, tiled flooring and splashback. Deep understairs storage cupboard. Half turn stairs lead to the first floor with a double sized bedroom and a capacious family bathroom; landing leading to stairs to the second floor with double sized bedroom in the eaves which is the full length of the house.
Shared brick path allows access to the front door as well as pedestrian access running along the front of all the properties. A wooden archway leads to the pretty garden with a central path leading to the parking and garage area, with mature flower and shrub borders on either side and an area of lawn. Tarmac parking area with brick walled entrance.
Durweston is a small and popular village just 2 miles from Blandford. It is in the Stour Valley surrounded by gently rolling, lightly wooded countryside. The village is in a Conservation area, it has many period properties mixed with attractive modern houses, as well as a church, thriving village hall, primary school and Knighton House (girls prep school). Nearby Blandford town has a variety of shops, supermarkets, schools, restaurants and coffee houses as well as numerous recreational and cultural facilities. Other towns of note include Sturminster Newton, Sherborne, Shaftesbury and Wimborne, all are within easy motoring distance.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BLA170168. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, Blandford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.