4 bedroom terraced house for saleHerongate Road, Aldersbrook
- A host of period features
- Victorian terrace with cellar
- South facing 100 ft garden
- Sought-after Aldersbrook Estate
- Close to Manor Park Station
- Potential to extend STP
- Moments to Wanstead Flats
- Also close to Wanstead Natural Park
- Four double bedrooms
- 1658 Sq ft
A beautiful, four bedroom, brick fronted early Edwardian terrace with a wealth of period detail and a south facing garden in the highly sought-after Aldersbrook Estate is completed with three reception rooms, kitchen and bathroom. Spacious and comfortable, this substantial property is the ideal family home.
Opportunities for generously proportioned 19th century houses that combine practicality with original period elegance are rare. Located between the tranquil greenery of Wanstead Flats and Wanstead Natural Park, this charming house is also close to Manor Park Station, with fast connections to central London, soon to be even faster with Crossrail. The Central Line at Wanstead and Leytonstone, and Barking to Gospel Oak Overground are also within easy reach.
IF YOU LIVED HERE
You’ll be relaxing in a property with plenty of room, totalling over 1650 square feet of living space. The reception areas on the ground floor are airy, bright, and perfect for entertaining and family time alike.
There’s an abundance of restored period features, which add to the feeling of grandeur, including fireplaces in every living room: ideal for cosy winter nights.
Likewise, the four upstairs bedrooms are wonderfully spacious, with all but the smallest coming in at well over 100 square feet. The bathroom is smart and modern with bath, separate shower, and contemporary fittings.
Summers in the 100-foot landscaped garden will be treasured: a small lawn with mature trees and low-maintenance planting create a tranquil haven. Double doors in the rear reception room open onto a patio area – perfect for peaceful days and entertaining. Hidden away at the rear is a semi-wooded area with greenhouse and shed – perfect for growing vegetables - or for a beehive!
The Aldersbrook conservation area is surrounded by green open spaces with Wanstead Flats to the south and Wanstead Natural Park to the north, a popular spot for walkers and bird watching.
- Nearby Aldersbrook Primary School has also been ranked 'Outstanding' by Ofsted, and you have plenty of other primary/secondaries within walking distance, all rated 'Good' or better.
- Wanstead Flats, and Wanstead Natural Park – the southernmost portion of Epping Forest, are just a few minutes walk away - places where you can forget how close to London you are.
-You’re well served for public transport links including Wanstead and Leytonstone tubes for fast access to the City and West End via the Central Line.
Entrance Hall - 9.9m x 1.8m (32'5" x 5'10") -
Reception Room - 5.00m x 4.09m (16'5" x 13'5") -
Reception Room - 3.89m x 3.30m (12'9" x 10'10") -
Kitchen - 3.48m x 3.23m (11'5" x 10'7") -
Dining Room - 5.00m x 3.91m (16'5" x 12'10") -
Hallway - 9.93m x 1.78m (32'7" x 5'10") -
Bedroom - 5.74m x 3.66m (18'10" x 12'0") -
Bedroom - 3.94m x 3.68m (12'11" x 12'1") -
Bedroom - 2.9m x 2.6m (9'6" x 8'6") -
Bathroom - 2.87m x 1.88m (9'5" x 6'2") -
Bedroom - 4.04m x 2.97m (13'3" x 9'9") -
A WORD FROM THE OWNER...Once we decided on the Aldersbrook Estate – with its exceptional location between two large green spaces – as our dream location, we spent two years looking for a house which offered the space and period elegance we love so much in London houses from the 19th century. The wait was worth it. It’s been a labour of love, restoring the house, seeking out fireplaces, cornices – even door knobs! – to create the character and laidback comfort we were aiming for.
The garden was also a high priority – we wanted a beautiful entertaining space for warm summer days and evenings. The professional landscaping and mature trees have created a peaceful retreat from city life, but the planting is low maintenance, chosen to provide year-round interest and colour without breaking your back... The winter brings different rewards: we light a fire (or three) and fill the house with candlelight – a magical sight.
The Aldersbrook is a wonderful place to live – there’s a neighbourly spirit and the location is ideal, with a recent flowering of pubs, bars, bakeries and coffee shops in Forest Gate, Wanstead High Street, Leytonstone and Leyton – all a walk, drive or cycle away. And Crossrail promises a fabulous commute – Tottenham Court Rd in 17 mins, 50 mins to Heathrow.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-50529204.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 27266576. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by The Stow Brothers, E11. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.