8 bedroom villa for saleWestoun House, Westoun, Lanark, ML11
- 3 Car Garage
- 8 Bedrooms
- Master Bedroom with Ensuite Bathroom
- Utility Room
- Self Contained Flat
- Internal Viewings Recommended
- Immaculate Presentation
- Out Building With Hot Tub
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room
Internally Westoun House offers an impressive 5,700 sq ft living space and benefits from a modern self-contained flat, outbuilding with a 3 car garage, hot tub and large office space.
This expansive family home is set in 2 acres of stunning open countryside with wonderful scenery. Located on the outskirts of South Lanarkshire this home is 5 miles fromLesmahagow with easy access to the M74 and a 35 minute commute to Glasgow.
Five things the current owners love about their home;
1. A great home to enjoy family time with flexible living space.
2. Every room offers amazing views of the countryside
3. A private plot with very few neighbours and lots of open space for our dog to play
4. The electric gates give added security as well as offering a picturesque entrance to the property
5. Our favourite room is, without doubt, the kitchen. Excellent for entertaining it opens up to the decking at the rear which is great for enjoying barbecues with family and friends.
Entrance: An impressive entrance hall with stunning original staircase and large modern decorative window
Lounge 1: Spacious room with traditional features, log burner and views of the front entrance
Lounge 2: Large room with log burner, traditional features and views of the back garden
Dining Room: Great family room with a log burner, views of the garden and room for a large dining table
Gym: Small room at the front of the building currently used as a gym with access to a large cupboard
Office: Private home office with views to the front of the house
Kitchen: Open plan modern kitchen with stone worktop and island with room for dining. Built in appliances including a wine cooler. French doors open to a large decking area.
Utility Room: Bright spacious utility room with white goods and storage space
Downstairs W.C: Modern finish with tiled flooring
Master Bedroom: Large bedroom with traditional features, a spacious walk-in wardrobe and stunning ensuite. As with most of the house, this bedroom has stunning views of the countryside
Family Bathroom: Large open space with freestanding bathtub and separate shower
Bedroom 2: Spacious bedroom with a living area
Bedroom 3: Beautifully decorated guest bedroom
Bedroom 4: Large double bedroom
Bedroom 5: Large double bedroom
Bedroom 6: Large double bedroom
Bedroom 7: Large double bedroom currently used as storage
Large section of lawn to the rear with a sizeable decked area providing an outdoor entertainment space.
A fantastic space with a 3 car garage, hot tub room with french doors and impressive views of the extensive garden. On the 2nd level, there is a large space which is fully heated.
Westoun House was built in 1885 as a family home for the Greenshield family who owned the land around Westoun. It remained the family residence until the 1980`s, it was renovated by its current owners in 2010.
There is a statue of a Highlander in the grounds was sculpted by famous Scottish sculptor Robert Forrest. Robert was an influential figure increasing the popularity of sculpture in the nineteenth century Scotland. One of his most famous pieces of work is the statue of Viscount Melville which can be found on top of Melville Monument in St Andrews Square in Edinburgh.
Please view the 3D Virtual Tour to see everything this home has to offer.
Why choose Upload Abode
1. Reputation – Since our launch in 2016 we have already acquired a fantastic reputation as a trustworthy and honest estate agent. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and 5 star online reviews.
2. Innovation- We offer a modern twist on marketing your home with professional photography, 3D Virtual Tours and Social Media advertising all helping to make your property stand out from the rest online.
3. Cost – We are a fixed priced online estate agent, we offer a clear and fair pricing structure.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 54. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Upload Abode, Motherwell. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.