2 bedroom detached house for saleLower Street, Colchester, CO7
- Recently added orangery
- Exceptional river views & frontage
- Large open-plan reception space
- Detached garage and ample parking
- West-facing garden with terrace
- Two bedrooms (both with en-suites)
- Walk to school, shop and restaurants
This impressive property was built and designed in the mid-noughties to make the very best of its unique position on the banks of the river Stour. Consequently, all its reception rooms enjoy exceptional views over and beyond the river towards Higham, one the most picturesque areas of Suffolk.
Interestingly The house is thought to have been built on ground that was once the subject of John Constable’s 1820 painting “Stratford Mill” - one of a six piece collection that included “The Hay Wain”. With its entertaining space, views and location close to some of the area’s best restaurants, the property would be an ideal downsize for retirees or even a second home for those escaping London.
The property was recently improved with a beautiful orangery that compliments the already open-plan living, dining and kitchen areas. Features within this space include hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, wooden sash windows, a modern kitchen with a gas hob and wall uplighters.
At the back of the house there are two double bedrooms (both of which have en-suites), a WC, a utility room and cupboard storage.
The house sits in a good size plot that includes over 130-feet of tree-lined frontage following a meander on the river Stour. There is a private mooring (the house is just a few minutes row from Le Talbooth restaurant), good-sized areas of lawn and parking plus a private west-facing terrace for summer evening entertaining. There is also a detached single garage.
Within an easy walk, buyers will find an array of excellent public houses and restaurants (including The Swan, Le Talbooth and Milsoms) plus a shop/post office and a farm shop. For those needing fast access to London or Colchester there the A12 is easily accessible and Manningtree mainline station is less than fifteen minutes by car.
Points to note
We understand the property is connected to mains gas, electric, water and sewerage. We also understand the property has never flooded (there are flood plains on the other side of the river). EPC rating C.
Before booking a viewing of any Bloomfield Grey instruction, we suggest that buyers view its full online details including the street-view representation, the site map, the satellite view and the floor plan. If you have any questions, then please contact Bloomfield Grey.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-50634681.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 200657S. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bloomfield Grey, Colchester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.