1 bedroom house for saleApartment 33, Fort Picklecombe, Maker
- Breathtaking Sea and Coastal Views
- Grade II Listed Apartment
- Open Plan Sitting/Dining Room/Kitchen
- Family Bathroom
- Occasional Room
- Allocated Parking space
- NO ONWARD CHAIN
BREATHTAKING PANORAMIC SEA AND COASTAL VIEWS can be enjoyed from this Studio apartment Located on the 3rd floor of the Grade II listed Fort Picklecombe. Comprises Open Plan Sitting/ Kitchen/ Dining Room. Occasional room and family bathroom. Well tended Communal Gardens. Allocated parking. Visitors parking.
Torpoint 5 miles, Plymouth City 8 miles, Cremyll Passenger Ferry 2 miles, Kingsand/Cawsand 2 miles (distances approximate)
Fort Picklecombe was commissioned in the 19th Century by Lord Palmerston. He ordered several Forts to be built in this area which would enable them to defend Devonport Naval Base. After the War the Fort stood derelict until the 1970's when developers bought the Fort and the conversion of 103 residential apartments took place.
The magnificent coastline of the Rame Peninsula and Mount Edgcumbe House and Park are all within easy walking distance of Fort Picklecombe. Also nearby are the renowned beaches of Whitsand Bay with its fine golden sand, excellent swimming and surfing facilities. The city of Plymouth is easily accessible via the Torpoint Ferry or the Tamar Bridge. The Cremyll Ferry, a regular foot-passenger services, runs from Plymouth to Mount Edgcumbe with a second ferry running during the summer months from the Barbican in Plymouth to Cawsand Beach.
Entrance via solid wood door into
Airing cupboard housing water tank and shelving space. Large walk in storage cupboard with lighting. Doors leading to Open plan Sitting/ Dining room and Kitchen, Bathroom and Occasional room.
Suite comprises low level W.C. flush. Pedestal wash hand basin inset into vanity unit with storage under. Panelled bath with single taps over. Wall mounted electric shower. Fully tiled walls. Feature wall mounted mirror with fitted light and shower point over. Extractor fan.
Currently used as a Bedroom with space for King size bed. Fitted wardrobes with shelving space.
Aluminium double glazed windows to front aspect with the most breathtaking sea and coastal views towards the harbour, Plymouth breakwater, the Mew stone and Penlee point. Step up to seating and viewing platform.
KITCHEN/ DINING AREA
Range of white fronted base and matching wall mounted units complimented by a roll edge work surface. Single sink and drainer with swan mixer tap over. Electric 4 Ring hob and fan assisted oven with extractor hood over Space for fridge. Space for table and chairs. Steps up to aluminium double glazed patio doors leading to
Breathtaking panoramic sea views can be enjoyed from this private balcony overlooking the pretty harbour, Plymouth breakwater and Penlee point. Enclosed by a glass balustrade.
Attractive communal gardens boasting lawns, raised flower boarders with numerous well established shrubs and plants. Residents can also enjoy the luxury heated swimming pool located within the gardens. There is a private beach, harbour, slipway and tennis courts. Further facilities include a laundry room, residents lounge, residents and visitors parking. Boat storage and moorings are available via separate negotiations.
Underground Allocated parking for one vehicle. Two storage cabinets in the garage.
Mains electric. Mains Water. Private drainage and Mains Electric.
Council Tax Band C.
Cornwall Council, Luxstowe House, Greenbank Road, Liskeard, PL14 3DZ. Telephone: 0300 1234 151. www.cornwall.gov.uk
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
All items in the written text of these particulars are included in the sale. All others are expressly excluded regardless of inclusion in any photographs. Purchasers must satisfy themselves that any equipment included in the sale of the property is in satisfactory order.
Lease 999 years as of 2015.
Strictly by appointment only through Marchand Petit Rame office.
From the Torpoint Ferry follow the A374 to Antony. Take the B3247 to Millbrook. Go through the village and continue on to Kingsand/Cawsand. Carry on past the left hand turning to Kingsand/Cawsand and follow the signs for Mount Edgecumbe. Fort Picklecombe is signed on your right hand side. Turn left then take the first left again. Follow the road and this will take you to Fort Picklecombe. Visitors gated parking can be found on the left hand side.
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair description of the property, but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Alexander Lush, nor any of its employees, has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to the property.
3. The photographs show only certain parts and aspects of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only.
4. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending purchaser.
5. Descriptions of a property are inevitably subjective, and the descriptions contained herein are used in good faith as an opinion and not by way of statement of fact. If any points of particular importance need clarifying before viewing, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 96815. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Alexander Lush, Millbrook. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.