2 bedroom character property for saleGreat Hucklow, Buxton
- Detached garage with original fireplace ideal as home office or annex
- Local primary school and Lady Manners school catchment
- Retaining a wealth of charming original features
- Ideal main home or holiday cottage
- Peak Park village setting surrounded by Derbyshire countryside
A charming circa 1723, two double bedroom, two reception room period cottage with enclosed gardens, workshop / utility and detached garage. Occupying a peaceful picturesque village setting close to local school and country inns within easy access to local walks and cycle trails.
A charming circa 1723 two double bedroom, two reception room period cottage with enclosed gardens, workshop / utility and detached garage. Occupying a peaceful picturesque village setting close to local school and country inns within easy access to local walks and cycle trails. Beautifully presented throughout with sash windows, stone flagged flooring, original meat hooks and salt slabs, two gritstone fireplaces with multi fuel stoves, exposed timber beams and wooden panelling. With front and rear entrance porches, bespoke Churchwood designed breakfast kitchen, dining room and sitting room. At first floor two double bedrooms, family bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and shower and additional dressing room / nursery currently used as bedroom three.
Front Entrance Porch
A glazed timber door opens into the porch with quarry tiled floor, storage shelving, coat hooks, boot scraper and radiator. With front aspect window and Velux roof light.
Breakfast Kitchen 13' x 8' 1" ( 3.96m x 2.46m )
A bespoke Churchwood designed fitted kitchen with inset Belfast sink set in tiled work surface, base and drawer units, built in dresser with wine rack and built in seating area with storage. With oil fired Rayburn with two hotplates and double oven providing heating and hot water. Front aspect double glazed window, quarry tiled floor, built in pantry with original salting slabs and rear aspect double glazed window. With glazed panel overlooking the dining room.
Dining Room 12' 3" x 11' 10" ( 3.73m x 3.61m )
A reception room with feature gritstone fireplace housing a Hunters multi fuel stove, two front aspect double glazed windows with window seat and storage area beneath and stone flagged flooring. With original meat hooks and salt store, three further built in storage cupboards with stripped pine doors, exposed timber beam and television point. The dining room opens into:
With stone flagged floor and understairs storage cupboard
Sitting Room 17' x 12' 4" maximum measurements ( 5.18m x 3.76m maximum measurements )
A charming reception room with wooden panelling, exposed timber beams, gritstone fireplace and hearth housing a Clearview multi fuel stove. With side aspect sash window, built in cupboard housing the fuse board with storage cupboard beneath, television point, Sky television point and staircase leading to the first floor. A decorative stained glass panelled door opens into:
Side Entrance Porch
With windows to three sides, quarry tiled floor and a glazed entrance door leading to the exterior.
First Floor Landing
With wooden balustrade and Velux roof light.
A white suite comprising Jacuzzi bath with body jets, overhead shower rose and curved glazed shower screen, wash hand basin set on counter top with storage cupboard beneath and low flush WC. With partially tiled walls, Velux roof light, tiled floor with underfloor heating, access hatch to storage loft, exposed timber beams and chrome heated ladder style towel rail.
Bedroom One 12' 1" x 11' 11" ( 3.68m x 3.63m )
A double bedroom with two front aspect double glazed windows with deep sills, radiator and Sky television point. With a cupboard housing the water tank, access hatch to storage loft, built in wardrobe and a tongue and groove panelled door with thumb latch opens into:
Dressing Room / Study 12' 11" x 8' 3" not full head height ( 3.94m x 2.51m not full head height )
Currently used as bedroom three with front aspect double glazed window and radiator.
Bedroom Two 12' 11" x 9' 7" narrowing to 8' 9" ( 3.94m x 2.92m narrowing to 2.67m )
A double bedroom with side aspect sash window, built in wardrobe with storage cupboard above and access hatch to storage loft. With two built in cabin beds with storage beneath, wash hand basin set in mosaic tiled counter top with storage cupboard beneath, television point and radiator.
Detached Garage 16' 4" x 11' 5" ( 4.98m x 3.48m )
With timber doors, original fireplace and chimney, rear aspect Velux window and exposed beams. Ideal as home office or annex subject to gaining the relevant planning consents.
Utility / Workshop
Comprising space and plumbing for automatic washing machine and tumble dryer, power and light. The utility also houses the oil tank, with space for fridge freezer, storage shelving and further eaves storage.
A timber gate opens into an enclosed front garden, laid to lawn with planted beds and borders. A pathway leads to the entrance door, with paved seating terrace, pergola with climbing plants and further stone flagged terrace to the side porch.
Super fast broadband is available.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-50870910.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BAK104791. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bagshaws Residential, Bakewell. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.