8 bedroom detached house for saleBlounts Court Road, Sonning Common, Reading, RG4
- 8 bedroom Grade II Listed farmhouse
- Two 3 bedroom bungalows (subject to AOCs)
- Traditional and modern farm buildings
- Rental income and development opportunities (STP)
- Edge of village location
- Arable, pasture and woodland
Diversified mixed farm near Henley-on-Thames
Located on the edge of the village of Sonning Common to the north of Reading and west of Henley-on-Thames, Blounts Farm is situated in south Oxfordshire. Sonning Common is a popular village with village shops, garage, public houses, a primary school and doctors surgery. Reading and Henley-on-Thames offer a wide range of supermarkets (including Waitrose, Sainsburys and Tesco) further afield London and Oxford offer more extensive shopping, leisure and cultural facilities.
Approximate distances and times
Henley-on-Thames: 4.6 miles (7.4 km)
Reading: 5.6 miles (8.9 km)
High Wycombe: 16.7 miles (26.9 km)
Oxford: 23.7 miles (38.1 km)
London: 41.4 miles (66.6 km)
Reading to London Paddington from 24 mins
Henley-on-Thames to London Paddington from 1 hr 12 mins
Heathrow Airport: 26.5 miles (42.7 km)
Blounts Farm Grade II listed 8 bed farmhouse (currently let)
Two 3 bed bungalows (subject to AOC) (both currently let)
Traditional and modern farm buildings
Rental income from residential and commercial lets
Short, medium and long term development opportunities (STP)
Edge of village location
Arable, pasture and woodland
About 253 acres
For further information or to arrange a viewing, please contact:
Philip Hoare 01295 228050
Giles Wordsworth 020 7075 2823
Extending to about 253.43 acres (102.56 hectares), Blounts Farm is a mixed farm with a Grade II Listed eight bedroom farmhouse, two three bedroom bungalows (subject to Agricultural Occupancy Conditions), an extensive range of traditional and modern farm buildings, arable, pasture and woodland.
A significant rental income is generated from the residential properties and the farm buildings, many of which have been let as offices, workshops and storage units.
Many of the farm buildings offer development opportunities subject to securing the necessary planning consent. Situated on the edge of Sonning Common, some of the land may offer long term strategic development potential.
Blounts Farm has been in the ownership of the Vendor's family since 1919 and farmed by three successive generations. The farm once formed part of Blounts Court, the neighbouring property owned by Johnson Matthey, a global leader in sustainable technologies and cutting edge science.
Acreage: 253.43 Acres
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51062220.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BAR150053. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Banbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.