4 bedroom end of terrace house for saleChurch Street, Puncknowle, Dorchester, Dorset
- A very rare opportunity - a charming period cottage with annexe/wing
- In total - 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 reception rooms
- Optional nearby lock-up garage & garden (guide price £15,000-£20,000)
- Versatile interconnecting accommodation - annexe/home & income potential
IN TOTAL 4 bedrooms. En Suite Shower Room. Bathroom. 2 Reception Rooms. Kitchen/Breakfast Room. Second Kitchen (or Utility). Cloakroom. Large Stone Shed.
THE MAIN COTTAGE (BURWELL COTTAGE)
3 Bedrooms. Bathroom. Sitting/Dining Room. Kitchen/Breakfast Room. Cloakroom. Oil Fired Aga. Small Courtyard. Potting Shed & Stone Shed with Electricity.
THE COTTAGE ANNEXE/WING (LITTLE BURWELL)
Bedroom. En Suite Shower Room. Sitting/Dining Room. Kitchen/Breakfast Room. Small Back Yard.
NEARBY GARAGE (RECTORY LANE)
Single Lock-up Garage and Garden.
A very rare opportunity to acquire a charming end of terrace period cottage with a cottage annexe/wing in a very picturesque village setting. The cottages, originally 3, are believed to date back over 300 years and are Listed Grade II of architectural or historic importance. The current ownership dates back to 1957. The properties have main walls of solid stone under predominantly thatched roofs. There is a host of character features including an Inglenook fireplace, window seats, exposed beams, cottage doors and small pane windows (with secondary double glazing). Both cottages have wood burners. They enjoy a very attractive front outlook over the church and Puncknowle Manor.
Burwell Cottage and Little Burwell are interconnecting and could be used as one large home. Alternatively Little Burwell would be ideal as an annexe or for holiday/long term lettings producing a good source of income.
Both properties have been well cared for over many years although general modernisation is now ideally required.
There is also the option of purchasing a nearby lock-up garage which includes a small adjoining garden with stream.
Small front area with borders. Burwell Cottage has a rear courtyard which is paved together with a variety of flower and shrub borders, potting shed and a side pedestrian gate onto the village street. Little Burwell has a small back yard. Both have access to a stone shed with power and light.
The cottages occupy a very picturesque location within the heart of the village with attractive views over the church and Puncknowle Manor. Puncknowle is located in the beautiful Bride Valley. The village has a thriving community and amenities include a thatched pub, church and village hall plus bus service. The nearby village of Litton Cheney has a primary school and, within 3 miles are the coastal villages of Burton Bradstock and Abbotsbury.
The area is designated as being one of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the stunning World Heritage Jurassic coast is very nearby at West Bexington. The historic town of Bridport is only about 6 miles with excellent amenities, a twice weekly market and a leisure centre. There is a golf course at West Bay. Dorchester and Weymouth, both with rail services to London, are about 12 miles.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BRI140161. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, covering Dorset. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.