4 bedroom detached house for saleHigh Street, Toller Porcorum, Dorchester, Dorset
- Very attractive and spacious individual detached cottage-style house.
- 4 Double Bedrooms, Bathroom/WC, Wash Room, 2 Reception Rooms.
- Large driveway with Parking Area, Attached Double Garage.
- Large Well Stocked Gardens - in all just under half acre.
Enjoying a lovely edge of village setting backing onto open countryside - a substantial individual cottage-style house. The property is understood to date back to the 1850's and was originally 3 cottages converted in the 1970's into one large home. The accommodation is very spacious and the workshop offers potential to create a third reception room. The majority of the rooms take advantage of the lovely long range of views over the surrounding countryside and hills.
* Oil-fired central heating.
* UPVC Small paned style sealed unit windows.
* Triple aspect sitting room with brick and beamed fireplace
and feature ceiling beams.
* Well appointed kitchen/breakfast room with solid cherry
wood fronted units; Rangemaster cooker range, (LPG gas
cooker hob, electric ovens and grill), stainless steel cooker
hood and Bosch slim line dishwasher.
* Large workshop with potential for third reception room.
* 4 Double bedrooms.
* Bathroom/WC and separate wash room/WC (former
* Large attached Double Garage.
* Stripped pine panelled internal doors.
* Excellent parking.
* Large well stocked gardens facing principally
The property is set back and approached through double 5 bar gates on stone piers onto a gravelled driveway with turning and parking facilities leading to -
ATTACHED DOUBLE GARAGE Up & over doors. Power & light.
The extensive gardens extend to the front, rear and side backing onto open countryside and enjoying the long range views. Adjoining the house is a honeysuckle and clematis clad arbour. To the front is a lovely fish and lily pond with fountain and paved terracing. The gardens are principally down to lawn and very well stocked with a whole range of shrub beds plus silver birches, pergola with seating area. Vegetable/fruit patch with raised beds and a useful range of outbuildings - POLYTUNNEL, TIMBER SHED and TIMBER STORE/WORKSHOP with power & light.
The house enjoys a private and peaceful setting on the edge of Toller Porcorum backing onto open fields and overlooking countryside. The village is very beautiful and surrounded by lovely rolling countryside and the immediate area is designated as being one of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There are numerous nearby footpaths providing wonderful walking opportunities. Local village amenities include a post office/shop, church, village hall and playing fields. The Kingcombe Meadow Nature Reserve is very nearby.
The larger village of Maiden Newton is only a few miles away with a very good range of everyday shops and amenities together with a main line railway station. The market towns of Bridport and Dorchester are both within about 10 miles whilst Yeovil is also within easy driving distance. The beautiful World Heritage coastline just 15 - 20 minutes drive.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51135342.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BRI170333. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, Bridport. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.