5 bedroom detached house for saleHighlands, Berden, Bishop's Stortford
- 4 reception rooms
- Bespoke kitchen/family room
- 5 en suite bedrooms
- Utility & substantial boot room
- Detached 1 bedroom coach house
- Car port & storage
- Pool & tennis court
- Mature ornamental pond
- Grounds & paddocks approx 11 acres
Highlands is an early Victorian character property which has been tastefully modernised, including the fitting of a new kitchen and bathroom. The house is much as one would expect from a Victorian building, with well-proportioned and bright rooms with good proportions and large windows.
The accommodation includes a generous hall, bespoke kitchen/breakfast room with Aga and an Orangery. On the first floor the master bedroom suite is a dramatic room with a vaulted ceiling, a dressing area and en suite. There are four further en suite bedrooms.
The house is approached along an impressive driveway through remote controlled wooden gates, which lead to an extensive parking and turning area.
The grounds are very much a feature and include a rose garden, mature trees, shrub borders, landscaped pond and beside the house, a swimming pool and tennis court. The remaining land consists of open paddocks with an independent road access.
There are a number of outbuildings including a cart lodge, stable/gym and storage, together with The Coach House which has a sitting room, kitchen and bedroom suite.
Directions From Bishop’s Stortford proceed north along Rye Street and turn left at the Lord Mountbatten Restaurant and follow the road to Manuden. Proceed straight through Manuden, pass the turn to Little London and take the next left turn to Berden. Almost immediately after turning left, turn right and you will see the entrance gates to the property on the right.
Property ref: 121_455_1593534
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51291810.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 1593534. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Mullucks Wells, Bishops Stortford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.