6 bedroom detached house for salePlympton House
- Six principle double bedrooms
- Four impressive reception rooms
- Extensive lower groundfloor with lots of potential uses
- Extensive second floor with many eaves rooms
- Potential for further bedrooms if needed
- Potential for separate domestic staff accommodation
- Private vehicular entrance through south gate
- Extensive private gardens including walled garden
- Potential as impressive Devonshire holiday home
- More info on http://www.plympton-house.com/
PLYMPTON HOUSE Tenure: Freehold
A rare opportunity to purchase this stunning Grade 1 listed Plympton House in the conservation village of Plympton St Maurice. The jewel in the crown of the estate this stunningly impressive home is extensive, currently offering 6 double bedrooms, four reception rooms and potential for further accommodation. Set in stunning grounds.
History of the house
Plympton House and estate is a grand Grade 1 listed country house built in the William and Mary tradition and was conceived by Sir George Treby the 1st (Lord Chief Justice and MP) and completed by his son, George Treby the 2nd in 1720. The estate was originally much larger, abutting the village of Plympton St Maurice with its fine church, high street and castle. The estate has had many uses over the years and the current transformation scheme is the result of a 2015 consultation to bring fresh life to the estate.
Management company information
A management company will be owned equally by all the property owners to facilitate the upkeep and grass cutting of the grounds, electrical gating and maintenance of the estate services and general sinking fund.
Comprising several rooms with vaulted ceilings, this basement provides excellent potential for leisure rooms, office facilities or simply additional accommodation. Subterranean to the north and east, with large windows wo the south and west. This basement accommodation also benefits from its own level entrance to the west.
9.4m x 8.69m
Snug / sitting room
6.0m x 5.9m
7.5m x 6.0m
Kitchen and living area
9.4m x 8.69m
Staff kitchen / boot room
3.1m x 3.0m
5.9m x 3.0m
Main staircase to first floor landing
5.7m x 5.7m
With dressing room
5.49m x 5.28m
6.0m x 5.49m
4.8m x 4.4m
4.5m x 4.4m
6.0m x 3.1m
Stairs in hall to upper landing
Several additional rooms afford potential for many uses. This floor also gives access to a 360 degree walk-around parapet with magnificent views
Extensive private gardens . The front is laid primarily to lawn with a sweeping driveway and mature beds. To the rear is a private walled garden with planning permission for the west wall to be reinstated. There is also a summer house as well as a covered eating area. There will be access between the front and rear gardens once the old east wing is demolished.
All measurements given are approximate - for further details please contact the agent. Dimensions are given in good faith and before construction has commenced. They are approximate and for guidance only and should not be used for furniture or appliance purchases. Purchasers are strongly advised to confirm actual dimensions when the property is nearing completion or is completed.
More information from this agent
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51332556.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 101034009545. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Luscombe Maye, Yealmpton - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.