2 bedroom apartment for saleThe Beach, Walmer, Deal, Kent
- Over 60s only under Homewise's lifetime lease plan
- Discounts range from 8.5% to 59%
- The actual price you will pay depends on your age, personal circumstances and property criteria
- Call for a personalised quote
- 2 bedroom second floor flat
- Direct sea views
- Close to local shops and town centre
- Seafront location
- Share of freehold
- EPC energy rating D (61)
PURCHASING THIS PROPERTY WITH A LIFETIME LEASE
This property is offered at a reduced price for people aged over 60 through Homewise´s Home for Life Plan. Through the Home for Life Plan, anyone aged over sixty can purchase a lifetime lease on this property which discounts the price from its full market value. The size of the discount you are entitled to depends on your age, personal circumstances and property criteria and could be anywhere between 8.5% and 59% from the property´s full market value. The above price is for guidance only. It is based on our average discount and would be the estimated price payable by a 69-year-old single male. As such, the price you would pay could be higher or lower than this figure.
For more information or a personalised quote, just give us a call. Alternatively, if you are under 60 or would like to purchase this property without a Home for Life Plan at its full market price of £300,000, please contact Ward & Partners.
Seafront location properties are rare in Deal. This period property was converted some time ago and is now five flats.
This 2 bedroom second floor flat has been refurbished to make the most of its space, location and views. Upon entrance, it becomes apparent that this is no ordinary flat.
The communal entrance with its sweeping staircase is the start of the journey and how very grand it is. Once inside, you are immediately drawn to the lounge window where the uninterrupted view stretches from glimpses of France on a clear day to Deal pier, you will probably want to gaze out to sea for hours.
The lounge area itself is a fabulous size and the ideal place to hold a gathering with friends. The sun rises at the front and sets to the rear of the property, so when you are preparing dinner in the kitchen area, you can enjoy the sunsets over the rooftops of Walmer.
The building itself has had weather proofing and the communal areas are well maintained. The period building is not only pleasing on the eye, but its location being literally ‘on the beach’ is what makes this home desirable to so many.
Also making this property desirable, is the fact it is share of freehold and thanks to the works maintenance, costs and ground rent are very low in comparison to other buildings in Deal.
What the Owner says:
Upon purchasing the flat I knew that I wanted to maximise the feeling of light and space in the rooms facing the sea.
I had all of the main rooms re-plastered except for the already renovated bathroom and kitchen area.
I now love to spend a weekend morning watching the sail boats from the local sailing club and wandering down the strand to the local cafes and restaurants. The 'village' feel of Walmer green with its bakery and other amenities are another reason I enjoy this location.
- Sitting Area: 11'2 x 8'3 (3.41m x 2.52m)
- Lounge Area: 17'9 x 15'0 (5.41m x 4.58m)
- Dining Area
- Kitchen Area: 15'4 x 10'5 (4.68m x 3.18m)
- Bedroom 1: 17'9 x 13'1 (5.41m x 3.99m)
- Bedroom 2: 11'1 x 7'1 (3.38m x 2.16m)
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose. Suitable as a retirement home.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51392841.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 10632429. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Homewise, Worthing. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.