Land for saleDedham High Street, Colchester, CO7
- Planning for demolition of existing workshop.
- Planning for a detached 2819 sqft house.
- Exceptional views of the Dedham Vale.
- Moments on foot from Dedham centre.
- Off-street parking for two cars.
- Click "brochure" for plans
Planning permission has recently been granted by Colchester Borough Council for the demolition of the former West End Garage on Dedham High Street and for the construction of a 2819 square foot detached dwelling which will enjoy some exceptional views to the north and west towards the River Stour.
Alongside its obvious potential as a family house, the finished property will make for an ideal low-maintenance residence for downsizers or even as a second home.
The Approved Property
Please view the PDF of the approved plans and elevations by viewing the "brochure."
The property has been designed to make the most of its position. Whilst the house will have neighbours to its south and east it will enjoy spectacular rural views to the north and west.
The ground floor will include an expansive, open-plan kitchen/living area running along the back of the property. This is supported by a WC, utility and entrance hall and there will be a ground floor double bedroom with its own en-suite and dressing room.
There will be three double sized bedrooms on the first floor, all of which have en-suite baths or shower rooms. The largest of these will have a walk-in dressing room and will enjoy exceptional views towards into the Dedham Vale.
The plot measures 0.16 acres (sts) and currently includes a disused garage/workshop which will need to be demolished (our client may agree to organise the demolition subject to terms). The property will have a small garden on its northern boundary and off-street parking for two cars.
An unused easement exists in favour of the National Trust allowing vehicular access to the field behind running along the northern boundary. The plot/house has two neighbours to its rear; a detached bungalow and a telephone exchange.
The plot is brilliantly located in just moments on foot from the centre of the historic village of Dedham – the very heart of Constable Country. Within just a short walk buyers will find a village Co-op, several pubs and restaurants and some of the most idyllic views in East Anglia.
Points to Note
The Planning permission can be viewed online via Colchester Borough Council using the planning number 171172.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51483138.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 205224S. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bloomfield Grey, Colchester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.