4 bedroom detached house for saleBurton Bradstock, Bridport, Dorset
- Located in probably West Dorset's most sought-after village
- Charming detached former mill house
- 4 bedrooms. 2 receps. 2 bathrooms.
- Landscaped south facing garden. Driveway/off-road parking.
- Detached workshop/studio/home office.
Located in probably West Dorset's most sought-after village - The Old Mill House is a charming detached former Mill House. It was the Mill Manager's residence and has solid stone elevations under a slate roof, Listed Grade II of Architectural and Historic Importance. Under the current ownership since around 2007 the house has been subject to extensive and sympathetic programme of refurbishment to include re-roofing, re-wiring and re-plumbing, new farmhouse style kitchen with bespoke units and Esse cooker range, new quality bathroom/shower room suites, quality oak flooring to the reception rooms, replacement of the gas central heating boiler and new internal oak panelled doors. Character features include exposed beams, window seats and exposed 'A' frames to the second floor.
The well presented accommodation is arranged over 3 floors and very flexible. There is also the benefit of an attractive easily maintained garden and off road parking.
The Old Mill House would be equally ideal as a permanent home, second home or holiday letting investment (the current owners have let it out for holiday purposes in the past).
The Old Mill House is approached from the lane via a shared driveway leading onto a private drive. To one end is a DETACHED WORKSHOP/STUDIO/HOME OFFICE - 12'6" x 10'7" (3.81m x 3.23m) Power and light.
The main garden lies to the south side of the house boarded by a stone wall comprising a lawn interspersed by mature shrubs, trees and flowers plus a garden shed to one side. There is also a paved sitting area idea for 'Al-Fresco' entertaining and adjacent to this a timber decking area with pergola and mature grape vine.
The Old Mill House is ideally located within the heart of the village close to St Mary's Church and within the Conservation Area. Burton Bradstock is considered to one of the most sought-after and picturesque villages in West Dorset. The centre consists mainly of period stone properties of the type for which the area is well known. There is an excellent range of amenities including a post office/shop, garage with convenience shop, public houses, church, library, village hall, popular primary school and regular bus service. There is also a popular National Trust beach with café/bistro which forms part of the beautiful World Heritage Jurassic Coastline.
The village centre is within only a minutes walk and Hive Beach within 5 - 10 minutes walk. There is also nearby access to open countryside with numerous footpaths. The historic market town of Bridport and the coastal resort of West Bay are both within only about 3 miles to the west. The larger centres of Dorchester and Weymouth are within about 15 miles to the west with main line rail services to London and the West Country.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference SHF100861. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, covering Dorset. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.