6 bedroom equestrian facility for saleNeilston, Glasgow, East Renfrewshire, G78
West Carswell Farm has a combination of assets as follows:
• West Carswell farm house.
• West Carswell farm cottage
• A range of traditional pole and steel portal frame farm buildings.
• Equestrian infrastructure
• 17.07 acres (6.9 Ha) grass leys.
In total West Carswell Farm extends to about 16.5 acres (6.67) hectares. Historically it was a dairy unit however in the present ownership the property has diversified into a livery enterprise within which a good equestrian infrastructure has been established.
All of the assets at West Carswell Farm combine to create a successful range of private and/or commercial business opportunities, hobby farming, kennels/cattery, outdoor activities centre, potential for running and or increasing the livery enterprise, and/or all trades businesses from home.
The land is currently in good heart and it is very accessible from the access driveway and a network of private tracks.
West Carswell Farmhouse
Entrance vestibule with cedar clad cathedral ceiling, terra cotta tile floor. Open plan farmhouse style fitted kitchen, informal dining and breakfasting area, exposed floor boards, door to garden, open plan to sitting room with exposed floor boards, cedar clad vaulted ceiling, exposed natural stone chimney breast with log burner. Good sized utility room with access to barns and garden room which offers good general purpose storage, inner hallway to tiled shower room, shelved linen stores with electrical switchgear, formal dining room with wood panel to dado height, arch to inner hallway with door to front gardens and stairs to first floor, wood panel to dado height, sitting room/TV den.
Staircase (1) to upper hallway with shelved linen stores off, access to eaves space, bedroom 1, bathroom with part cedar panel to dado height and fitted store, bedroom 2 with fitted furniture. Staircase (2) to upper hallway with fitted furniture, bedroom 3 with stores (1 with mega flow hot tank), mirrored fitted wardrobes, bedroom 4 (currently set up as study or home office), multi glazed panel door to upper inner hallway leading to bedroom 5, Sun terrace room with terra cotta tiled floor, exposed honey coloured facing brick, cedar clad vaulted ceiling, sliding doors to galvanised steel veranda and stairs to formal gardens.
West Carswell Farm Cottage
Outer door to open plan and well fitted kitchen with laminate flooring, breakfast bar to open plan dining area, open to comfortable sitting room with bi-fold doors to courtyard. Bedroom with mirrored fitted wardrobes, access to roof space, electrical switchgear cupboard, door to Jack & Jill en suite fitted shower room. Dressed white oak timbers are a feature complimented by stainless steel ironmongery.
Mature and generous lawn bounded by post, rail and rylock fencing, fringed with mature beech, larch, sycamores and pollarded horse chestnut trees. The gardens feature laurel hedging, hydrangeas, berberis and pieris shrubs and bush plants, white gravel terrace with galvanised steel entrance gates. Woodland gardens with further lawn at side with poultry enclosure. Concrete surfaced vehicle hardstanding and courtyard at the rear.
West Carswell Farm Buildings
There are traditional attached steadings and further farm buildings which are well equipped for equestrian purposes, hobby farming and/or the winter accommodation of livestock.
The farm buildings are mainly of steel portal and pole barn frame and generally clad in corrugated sheeting. In recent times significant investment has been made in the installation of quality galvanised steel, timber and block loose boxes. Currently there are a total of 26 loose boxes with good opportunity to increase density within existing buildings if required.
The range of buildings and equestrian infrastructure comprises:
• Steel portal frame open fronted car port.
• Attached stone traditional steading.
• Large corrugated sheet clad pole barn housing oil boiler and water filtration plant and equipment.
• Pole barn with 15m x 30m indoor manège, roller door, silica sand and pulverised rubber floor.
• Tack room, feed prep and wash up room.
• Porta cabin livery office.
• Static caravan.
• Block and corrugated sheet general purpose store with lean to.
• Nissan hut with PTO driven generator.
• Open fronted Dutch barn with earthen floor.
• Steel portal frame former cattle court with feed alley.
• Part corrugated sheet and box profile steel clad pole barn, part earthen and part concrete floor.
• Internal timber tack and feed store.
• Outdoor manege, bounded by post and rail fencing, floodlit, silica sand and pulverised rubber base, 2 x access gates 40m x 18 m.
• Horse walker.
Land to grass leys extends in total to about 17.07 acres (6.9 hectares).
Health & Safety
Given the potential hazards of a working livery/farm, we ask you to be as vigilant as possible when making your inspection for your own personal safety, particularly around the farm buildings.
West Carswell Farmhouse – The house has oil fired central heating (new boiler 2015), mains electricity, double glazing, private septic tank drainage, private water supply with filtration and UV lamping.
West Carswell Farm Cottage -- The cottage is warmed by wet electric central heating, mains electricity, double glazing, private septic tank drainage, private water supply with filtration and UV lamping.
From the centre of Neilston proceed in a westerly direction along the Main Street and turn left onto Kingston Road. Continue on Kingston Road leaving the village. After 3.7 miles turn left just before the cottage onto the unmarked road. Proceed along the single track driveway for about half a mile to reach West Carswell Farmhouse."
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-52017627.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference GLG170184. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Robb Residential, Glasgow. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.