5 bedroom detached house for saleCliff Walk, Teignmouth, Devon, TQ14
- Secluded, unique five bedroom, three reception room, three bathroom house on a cliff walk
- Private sanctuary set in flora and fauna but just ten minutes walk from a bustling seaside town
- Large kitchen with integrated appliances, dining area and ample worksurfaces and storage
- Spacious lounge with brick built fireplace and plenty of room for entertaining
- Modern bathrooms with facilities ranging from a corner bath to walk-inshower
- Plenty of parking - for up to seven cars - via a sweeping driveway
- The property is on mains electricity and water with private drainage and oil-fired central heating
- Breathtaking views of the sea and Devon countryside with balconies on many levels
- Within distance of Ofsted-rated Good and Outstanding schools
- Half a mile from Teignmouth station and within easy distance of the A38
SOUTH DEVON: FIVE-BEDROOM CLIFF TOP HIDEAWAY
A rare opportunity to enjoy the perfect sanctuary of a woodland setting, breathtaking sea views and yet only a short walk from a popular seaside town.
- 2,342sq. ft. of accommodation
- Perfect coastal sanctuary
- Private woodland setting
- Studio annexe
- Set in 1.55 acres
5 bedrooms, bathroom, plus 3 showers (1 en suite), 3 reception rooms, kitchen, utility, large attic, conservatory with stunning sea views
Teignmouth has an historic working port on the Teign Estuary since the early 18,000 century, it is still a popular tourist destination which includes a working harbour and marina with promenade, pier and sandy beaches, a yacht club which is excellent for most sailing and water sports. The town all flat caters for all needs with a comprehensive range of facilities including a new pavilion, a Museum, Waitrose supermarket, specialist local shops, and a community hospital. There is excellent schooling for all ages. Mainline rail service to London Paddington. There is an 18-hole golf course just 2.5 miles distant, and the Dartmoor National Park lies approximately 12 miles away. A film that was recently staged about the life of Donald Crowhurst was shown in London, he attempted to win the round the world Golden Globe Race in his boat called “The Mercy” he left Teignmouth on the 31st October 1968 and was never seen again. A replica of the boat and history of Donald now hangs in our new Weatherspoon’s….The main Actors were Colin Firth, & Rachel Weisz.
Dingley Dell is nestled in a private woodland sanctuary of flora & fauna, with stunning 180' sea views, and less than a 10min walk to Teignmouth town centre. With utter seclusion and privacy, albeit for the seascape, this unique Scandinavian- style property is the perfect waterside retreat. The house offers 2,343sq. ft. of accommodation arranged over two floors, including a one room potential studio annexe on the lower ground. To take full advantage of the phenomenal location, Dingley Dell provides a generous sun terrace and two balconies, all rooms have sea views and woodland apart from one back room which has just woodland views. It is set in the heart of a sloping woodland along with several flat areas of approximately 1.55 acres, it has a sweeping driveway and can accommodate seven cars.
Steps lead up to the wonderful sun terrace providing access into a conservatory with sea views. Internal doors lead through into the kitchen and 2nd sitting room. The kitchen has an array of matching base and wall units, electric hob and oven, an integral dishwasher and fridge/freezer. An inner hallway provides stairs to the first floor, and a door which leads to access outside to the rear of the property, a cloakroom which also houses the boiler. Off the hall is an open study or dining room area with a decorative brick arch and a dual aspect. The main sitting room enjoys a triple aspect with magnificent sea and woodland views, sliding patio doors onto the sun terrace and a feature wood burner. The 2nd second sitting room area can be made private it has a large display window absorbing the delightful views, including a shower room, stairs lead down to the lower ground floor. You’ll find a versatile space that could provide a studio annexe or games room, currently arranged as a small kitchen or utility area including a bedroom, there is also a private access out onto the front drive.
On the first floor landing there are fitted cupboards and a walk-in airing cupboard. The master suite has a dual aspect with sliding doors that lead out onto a balcony which looks out over the woodland and sea beyond. This bedroom also provides fitted wardrobes and an en-suite shower room. Bedroom 2 has sea views with a door out onto a side balcony and a wash basin. Bedroom 3 has a rear aspect with a woodland view, wash basin and access onto the side balcony. Bedroom 4 has a rear aspect with woodland views, wash basin and fitted wardrobes. The family bathroom provides a corner bath, wc, bidet, wash basin and shower cubicle.
The lane widens all the way up approximately 250yds, green fencing can be seen, leading to a set of green timber gates giving access to a sweeping driveway and parking outside the house. From garden access is a utility/store area. The impressive setting is mature woodland with level areas to the west which currently has a timber studio and workshop.
Overall the property amounts to about 1.55 acres.
Mains electricity. Mains water. Private drainage. Oil-fired central heating.
From Exeter proceed on the A38 and bear left onto the A380 over Haldon Hill. Continue on the dual carriageway turning off at the Ware Barton exit signposted Teignmouth. At the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the B3192. Upon reaching Teignmouth follow the sign to the sea front; continue through the town centre and bear left passing the Pavilion. Proceed along the sea front and up past the Lido and over the bridge where the lane widens all the way up approximately 250yrds.
Please contact Emoov for my direct number as it will make it easier to find the property.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-52323444.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference lve-vlze. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Emoov, National. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.