4 bedroom detached house for saleTavistock Road, Launceston, Cornwall, PL15
- Conveniently but quietly tucked away position close to the town.
- A detached character dormer bungalow.
- The two reception rooms and the main bedroom all enjoy stunning views towards Dartmoor National Park.
- Four spacious bedrooms and a study area.
- A large kitchen/diner, separate larder and utility room.
- Mains gas central heating and UPVC double glazing.
- The paved patio area and lawned garden are in addition to an adjacent enclosed paddock that forms the majority of the 0.68 acre plot.
- A single garage and plenty of off road parking.
We are told by the present owners of Thorndon that this well presented and attractive dormer bungalow was built of bricks, during 1915. They have owned this detached home since 1997 and have made many improvements over that time, but have been careful not to destroy the distinctive character of the time. The main reception room has a corner fireplace with an original ornate surround and a bay window. The second reception room could be used as a dining room and allows access to a covered porch area with an in keeping black and white tiled floor. The main bedroom with a matching bay window is also at the same elevation of the house and benefits, along with these other rooms, from an uninterrupted far reaching view across to Dartmoor National Park. The kitchen/diner offers an array of both floor and wall mounted storage units under a rolled top working surface. The integrated electric fan oven, mains gas hob and electric oven are all included within the sale. There is also plenty of space for a dining table and chairs.
From a side entrance hall is a useful larder cupboard with an original slate shelf and a utility room that benefits from plumbing and space for a washing machine, tumble dryer and stainless steel sink with storage cupboards below. This ground floor level also offers bedroom two and the modern tiled family bathroom/WC which comprises of a matching white suite with an electric shower in place over the panelled bath. Upstairs within the loft space which has plenty of access to eave storage areas there are two further bedrooms and a useful study area. The home is heated by mains gas central heating and has UPVC double glazing installed.
Outside the views from the elevated paved patio are stunning across the Tamar Valley and overlook an adjacent grass paddock that could be used with the correct permission as a small holding or vegetable garden or just a large garden area for children to play in. The total size of the plot is 0.68 of an acre. There is an area of lawn to the side of the property, useful brick built shed and a single detached garage for parking plus a level concrete drive. The property is approached by a shared private lane and is very close to the town but situated within a quiet tucked away location. It would suit a growing family or a retired couple interested in cultivating the paddock and gardens.
The property is situated within one mile of the ancient former market town centre of Launceston which boasts a range of shopping, commercial, educational and recreational facilities and lies adjacent to the A30 trunk road giving access to Truro and West Cornwall accessible in one direction and Exeter and beyond in the opposite direction. Also from here are the cities of Plymouth and Exeter both of which have wider city facilities and superb transport links to further a-field from Plymouth with its Continental Ferry Port giving access to both France and Spain.
From Launceston town centre proceed into Southgate Street and through the Southgate Arch. Bear around to the left into Exeter Street until reaching the junction at Prouts Corner. At the junction turn right into Tavistock Road. Continue along Tavistock Road where the entrance to Number 9 will be found on the left hand side in between a row of Victorian terrace houses marked with a Webbers for sale board.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-52413211.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LAU120115. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Webbers Property Services, Launceston. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.