6 bedroom house for saleDoverhay, Porlock, Somerset, TA24
- IN THE EXMOOR NATIONAL PARK
- Close to all village amenities
- Spacious Accommodation
- Character features including lead light windows, deep sills and exposed beams,
- 5 Ensuite Bedrooms
- Suitable for occupation as a family home or home with additional income opportunity
- Self-Contained adjoining Cottage
- Ample Car Parking
Situated in a central position close to all village amenities - an opportunity to acquire a spacious detached Grade II Listed character cottage residence offering spacious accommodation with the benefit of an adjoining self contained one bedroom cottage.
The property is understood to date from the Late 17th Century with later additions and among its features are lead light windows, deep sills and exposed beams, along with more modern comforts associated with day to day living including full oil fired central heating and part secondary double glazing. The property has been used as a Guest House/Bed and Breakfast along with further letting of the adjoining cottage but is also suitable for occupation as a family home or home with additional income opportunity. It is of predominantly stone construction with a mainly thatched and part tiled roof.
Porlock is a charming village which lies between Exmoor and the sea, sheltered by picturesque hills and within the Exmoor National Park. The village has an excellent range of everyday shopping facilities with the quaint hamlet and harbour of Porlock Weir approximately two miles away. West Somerset’s premier coastal resort, Minehead has a more comprehensive range of facilities and is approximately six miles, and the County town of Taunton which has mainline rail connections and access to the motorway network is approximately twenty six miles. For those who enjoy exploring the countryside, the Exmoor National Park, Brendon and Quantock Hills and many other renowned beauty spots of the areas are all close at hand.
There is a cobbled area providing ample car parking space along with gardens comprising enclosed brick paved courtyard and further lawns with shrubs
2 Garden Sheds
Services: mains electricity, water and drainage
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-52667049.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference MIL180003. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Greenslade Taylor Hunt, Minehead - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.