4 bedroom detached house for saleThe Esplanade, Sandgate, CT20
- A handsome and imposing Grade II Listed house
- In a prime beach front location
- Boasts in excess of 4000 sq ft of accommodation
- Retains a wealth of original features throughout
- Stunning views of the sea from virtually every room
- 4-5 reception rooms
- Beautiful bespoke fitted kitchen/breakfast room
- 4-5 bedrooms (2 with en-suites)
- Delightful gardens with heated swimming pool and garden room
The Esplanade is a desirable location running parallel with the beach and is on the approach to Sandgate and Hythe. It is only a short walk along the promenade with the wide stretch of shingle beach alongside to the charming and sought-after village centre, with its eclectic mix of local shops, boutiques, public houses, cafes and restaurants. The Cinque Ports Town of Hythe, with its wider range of amenities including Waitrose is approximately 2.5 miles to the west and the larger town of Folkestone is about 1.5 miles to the east. There is a variety of sporting facilities available along the coast, including rowing and sailing clubs, a choice of golf courses in the immediate vicinity, together with the Hotel Imperial Leisure Centre.
The High Speed Rail Link service to London, with a journey time to St Pancras of less than an hour, is available at Folkestone West Station (1.7 miles) and Ashford International (16 miles) and Eurostar services to Paris and Brussels are also available at the latter. The M20 motorway network and the Channel Tunnel Terminal at Cheriton (Calais 35 minutes) are both about 3 miles distant. (All distances are approximate).
"Regency Cottage" is one of Sandgate's most notable landmark properties and is situated in an enviable beachfront location from where it commands magnificent views of the sea and to France on a clear day.
This Grade II Listed property is set back from and above the road and is approached via a flight of stone steps where an ornate lattice work porch encompasses a grand entrance door with original storm shutters, setting the tone for what lies behind the handsome façade. The accommodation, which retains a wealth of original detail throughout, is beautifully presented in a sympathetic style, enjoys particularly elegant proportions and has been designed with the majority of rooms facing south and consequently almost every room enjoys a stunning sea view. Arranged over four floors the accommodation includes 4-5 reception rooms, a stunning kitchen/breakfast room and 4-5 bedrooms (3 with en-suites). The delightfully secluded garden incorporates a heated swimming pool and a well equipped garden room with sea facing terrace. There is also a garage accessed from Wellington Place.
For room sizes please refer to the floor plan.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-52714293.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LAWR_001406. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Lawrence & Co, Hythe. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.