4 bedroom detached house for saleThames Street, Sonning, Reading, RG4
- 3500sq ft of accommodation
- 4 Double Bedrooms
- 3 Reception Rooms
- Planning permission approved to extend
- Set behind electric gates in approximatley 0.8 acres
- Tucked Away Village Location
A delightful country home set in private grounds with accommodation of approximately 3500 sq ft and potential to extend further using existing planning approval and add two additional bedrooms and further living space. Set in approximately 0.8 acres the property is approached through electric Iroko wooden gates leading to a charming driveway which opens into the landscape grounds and the house. The property was built in 1999 to the design of the reputable Sonning architect Mark Bodley-Scott and offers spacious, well presented accommodation. To the ground floor, the front door opens into an extensive galleried landing with space for an informal sitting area. Doors lead through to a formal reception room overlooking the garden, a study/office/family room, large kitchen/dining room and a utility room. To the first floor are four double bedrooms, the master of which has a large dressing room and full en suite bath and shower room, a further bathroom and store. There is ample parking and a detached garage on the grounds.
The quintessentially British picturesque village of Sonning with the River Thames running through it has a community feel with The Bull Public House, The Mill Theatre the Church and the Berkshire Cricket and Hockey Clubs. Fine dining can be found in The Ivy and The French Horn. Twyford village centre is just 3 miles away with a variety of local shops and an excellent Waitrose, the larger town of Reading is just 6 miles to the west with its many shops bars and restaurants. The latest of Sonning's celebrity residence is George Clooney who has just purchased a Riverside home in the village. The local area has some fine schools with Inglewood nursery and Sonning Church of England Primary with many others towards Reading and Caversham including Bluecoat in walking distance and Queen Anne's Caversham, Shiplake College and Reading School. There are mainline railway stations in Reading and Twyford with a fast service to London in under 30 minutes. The M4 junction 10 is approximately 6 miles away via the A329M providing access to Heathrow and the motorway network.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53067868.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference REA160027. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Winkworth, Reading. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.